4 posts
SparklyK
Options:
Share this post on:

Employment Rights- any advice appreciated

Postby SparklyK » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:38 am

Hi there,

Thanks for reading.

I am so upset I have been laid off (well I think I have) from work just before Christmas.

I started my position as normal on a probationary period. Unfortunately within my probationary period, I got quite ill, which meant I had to take off non-consequetive days off over the weeks/months.

I got my blood results back and my thyroid was low. Which would explain my tiredness, not being able to get up due to my bones killing me, and my dizziness. Originally, I put this down to some family problems and tried my best everyday to go in but failed miserably.

Last week my boss text me not to come into the office as he wanted a meeting with me, so I went to meet him at he's destination and he did not turn up! I called and he apologised and said that tomorrow would be a better day to meet.

He text me the next day and said he will call me mid morning and arrange a meet, did not hear back.

On the 3rd day, I text please let me know what's going on and again no reply.

Then on Thursday, after a few text attempts with not hearing back. I heard from the office that he has let me go!!

I was furious and called him on Friday and again no reply, I then text please let me know.

I would really appreciate any feedback, I have bills due out at the beginning of January, and feeling even more awful in myself now.

All the best
AbbevilleMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Employment Rights- any advice appreciated

Postby AbbevilleMummy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:47 pm

As you were in your probationary period and you have been employed for less than 2 years you probably don't have any employee rights that can help you. You should probably just focus all your efforts on getting a new job rather than waste your time trying to chase down this chap who isn't behaving very well himself!

Good luck, hope it all works out for you.
actuallyadad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:40 pm

...except that if this illness would constitute a disability from a legal perspective, you might have a claim for disability discrimination. I don't think that the 2 year rule applies for that (but I'm not totally sure).

Go and see a Citizens Advice Bureau, Law Centre or an employment solicitor!
mertonmummy37
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mertonmummy37 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 am

Hello

I am a lawyer and there is an employment lawyer in my firm who I am sure would be happy to speak with you. Do PM me and I can then put you in touch.

Best wishes

MM37 x

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.