E-Cigs/ Vaping??

5 posts
Roxron
Options:
Share this post on:

E-Cigs/ Vaping??

Postby Roxron » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:44 pm

For ages I've been asking my husband to stop smoking and he is now starting to think with the help of an E-Cigarette he could do it! So wanting to jump on this opportunity I thought I'd buy him one to try asap! Initially I'd rather not buy an expensive kit but instead a disposable one from behind the counter in supermarkets, chemists etc..

So my question is can anyone suggest disposable makes to try or makes to avoid?
He currently smokes @ 10per day quite mild cigarettes.

Thanks in advance
misstemple
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: E-Cigs/ Vaping??

Postby misstemple » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:07 am

Sorry - this is my first post! I have been a lurker for a while now...

Having successfully quit in one single day using a "proper" e-cig/vape, and fiiiinally managed to get hubby to do the same, I do recommend it!
There might not be one near you, but the best thing is to pop into a proper e-cig shop (not the stands at shopping malls) for advice. There is one in Hammersmith I can recommend.
The normal e-cigs can help but they are so unpleasant I never managed to stick with it. The point is not to "replicate" a cigarette but to find something that is really user friendly and satisfying, to make it easy to quit and even enjoyable.
For what it's worth my husband has an e-grip which looks masculine and he loves it. Models start from £50 and good quality, French made liquids start around £10, at 10 a day it would pay for itself within a couple of weeks.

Anyway, that's my 2 pence worth. Good luck!
Tilly&Roo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tilly&Roo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 pm

The one downside I can think of is that it means more convenient smoking (i.e. on the sofa in the evening, in bed etc) so can end up increasing consumption!
mrsbfrombalham
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrsbfrombalham » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:43 am

House of Vapes in Clapham Junction can provide proper advice and they also let you try devices and flavours. It's like a 1-2-1 consultation and you walk away with the kit that's right for you. I have now been smoke free for over 6 months - so would highly recommend a visit. Not that expensive either (£30 for a decent device).
Outcast
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Outcast » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Let it try, I heard people stopping smoking tabaco with the help of e-cigars.