Siblings sharing a room until how old?

2 posts
MrsT83
Options:
Share this post on:

Siblings sharing a room until how old?

Postby MrsT83 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Advice please!
House hunting dilemma - What age does it work for a brother and sister to share a room up until? (2.5 year age gap) No house quite fits the bill and the front runner's sticking point is its one good size child's bedroom large enough for 2, the other being a tiny box room. We have seen 30 houses and ready to settle on one now, only i can't help feeling this is a big problem? Or is it not and they would be OK until say ages 8 and 11 years?
Do we perservere until a house comes up with 2 OK sized children's bedrooms..?
stayathomemuminsw11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Siblings sharing a room until how old?

Postby stayathomemuminsw11 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:13 pm

We have a 3.5 yr age gap (a girl first, then a boy), who are currently almost 7 and 3.5. We are in no position to move house. We have a 2 bed flat, and they share (mostly!) happily. I don't think there is a 'right' age-however, in hindsight, if we could have stretched ourselves a bit further at the time I would have gone for a 3 bed flat/house-just because of things like sleepovers, my eldest (understandably) wants her own space when her friends stay over, and would like to be able to leave out 'precious' stuff without her brother trashing it, likewise, my little boy would love to have his train set set up in his room...

Whenever I wish we had another bedroom, I remind myself it's a VERY first world problem. :) Does the house you are looking at have a good sized kids' room AND a box room? If so, remember that some kids actually really like having a cosy room at the top of the house, especially when they're older...

Good luck.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.