Hand Car Wash at Hombase Closed - any alternative recommendations?

11 posts
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Hand Car Wash at Hombase Closed - any alternative recommendations?

Postby Denwand » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:45 am

Hello all,

the hand car wash that operated out of the Hombase (Wandsworth Roundabout) car park has folded up it's tents, packed up it's sponges and moved on.

It's a shame as I found the friendly and very reasonable service there invaluable when the car was really filthy and beyond my sponge and bucket attempts.

Can anybody recommend an alternative?

I don't really trust the Sainsbury's car park crew - I'm sure they mean well but they work with only buckets of water and I feel they tend to rub the dirt into the car since they have trouble giving it a full rinse - also I have heard mixed reviews about the Car Hand Wash on the Wandsworth one way system....

So any ideas please?
AlexisN
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Hand Car Wash at Hombase Closed - any alternative recommendations?

Postby AlexisN » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:26 am

Hi there, I use Aurora carwash opposite Wandsworth Park I have used them for about 8 years I think they are great.
Hyde Ranger
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Hyde Ranger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:30 am

I found an excellent recommendation on here a while back for a car wash at Tooting Bec. It's on your left just past the junction with Trinity Road (as you're driving from Balham); I think the nearest cross street is Brudenell? It looks like chaos from the street, and I was a little dubious, but you literally just drive in and join the queue; hand them the cash at the end. Lovely lads and they do a really good job.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:39 am

Thank you so much for your recommendations!
Moomie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Moomie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:54 am

Also interested to hear recommendations. I miss
the Homebase guys!
mollys
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mollys » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:10 pm

The guys in the ASDA car park (the underground bit) are good and the same sort of price as the Homebase one (£15 for inside and out)
luckymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby luckymummy » Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Hyde Ranger wrote:I found an excellent recommendation on here a while back for a car wash at Tooting Bec. It's on your left just past the junction with Trinity Road (as you're driving from Balham); I think the nearest cross street is Brudenell? It looks like chaos from the street, and I was a little dubious, but you literally just drive in and join the queue; hand them the cash at the end. Lovely lads and they do a really good job.
Just checking that this place is still open as want to take my car for a wash tomorrow and it seems that a number of hand carwash places have closed down recently. Anyone been here recently?
Nightingale
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nightingale » Mon May 08, 2017 6:47 am

Yes! I was actually there for first time yesterday having also read this review. Slightly odd place/entrance but did a great job and I thought really good value. I had been to the Burntwood place last week who did an awful job, wheels were still black, so was getting it re-done. Would definitely recommend.
Fruisli
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Fruisli » Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 am

Depending on where you live, there's a guy who works on the Abbeville Road who is great and very reasonably priced. He's called TJ and he's usually to be found outside Jacksons on Abbeville.
luckymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby luckymummy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 am

Thank you Nightingale. I did go along last week to the place in Tooting and they did a great job for £10! I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Very dodgy entrance and no where to sit and wait so definitely a bit rough round the edges but worked well for me.
Aprilmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Aprilmama » Mon May 15, 2017 9:57 am

I've got TJ's number (the guy on abbeville road) if you would like it. He does an incredibly thorough job. PM me if you'd like it.