Pre paid card for nanny?

5 posts
Superunknown
Options:
Share this post on:

Pre paid card for nanny?

Postby Superunknown » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:58 am

I'd like to get a pre-paid card for my nanny so we don't need to worry about cash. Does anyone use one - I would love a recommendation! Thanks!
Nightingale
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Pre paid card for nanny?

Postby Nightingale » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Our nanny uses a bpay (Barclays) fob. You don't need a Barclays account to use it. It tops up automatically by whatever amount you decide when the balance falls below a certain amount. The fob works just like a contactless card. It's been useful and better than having to remember to get cash out.
Superunknown
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Superunknown » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Thanks!
denshort
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby denshort » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:39 am

Monzo are a new challenger bank who have launched a prepaid debit card (MasterCard). They have a great app which shows you all your spending broken down by type and you can instantly top up, it's easy peasy!
daddydaycarerocks
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby daddydaycarerocks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:25 am

The Monza card is good (I have one) and is great for when you go abroad as there are no fees charged for usage (inc ATM withdrawals).takenot back from the nanny and it will save you a fortune.

Any spending on the card shows up on your app within minutes so it's good for keeping track of whats going on.

Defiantly get one of these - if you go via the money savingsexpert link to jump the long queues to get one (google Monza and monsavingexpert)