Our family of four, including two active children (8 and 5), is finally going on a family holiday. We plan to spend 2 weeks in the sun, either in the Caribbean or somewhere a similar distance away that can offer a beach holiday. So far we are thinking of Jamaica, Martinique and Guadeloupe, but are open to other ideas.
Criteria, as defined by the children:
- Soft sandy beach with gentle sea
- Kids' club that operates in late Nov/early Dec, with activities like watersports, 'not just colouring in'
- Nice pool - irregular shaped with bridges/waterfalls/poolbars preferred
- Volcano would be the icing on the cake - but not essential!
As defined by parents:
- No man-eating sharks in the shallows
- Not tooooo far away
We plan to talk with Turquoise, but I think they don't cover Martinique or Guadaloupe so if anyone knows of a travel agent that does that would be very helpful. And any +/- tips welcome, e.g. fun events, hurricanes.