November sun holiday?

7 posts
JamTart
Options:
Share this post on:

November sun holiday?

Postby JamTart » Tue May 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Our family of four, including two active children (8 and 5), is finally going on a family holiday. We plan to spend 2 weeks in the sun, either in the Caribbean or somewhere a similar distance away that can offer a beach holiday. So far we are thinking of Jamaica, Martinique and Guadeloupe, but are open to other ideas.
Criteria, as defined by the children:
- Soft sandy beach with gentle sea
- Kids' club that operates in late Nov/early Dec, with activities like watersports, 'not just colouring in'
- Nice pool - irregular shaped with bridges/waterfalls/poolbars preferred
- Volcano would be the icing on the cake - but not essential!
As defined by parents:
- No man-eating sharks in the shallows
- Not tooooo far away
We plan to talk with Turquoise, but I think they don't cover Martinique or Guadaloupe so if anyone knows of a travel agent that does that would be very helpful. And any +/- tips welcome, e.g. fun events, hurricanes.
Thank you!
LWade
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: November sun holiday?

Postby LWade » Tue May 30, 2017 7:25 pm

We have been to Mauritius for the last three years at the end of October with 5 - 7 year old children. The flight is great as you get on at 9pm and arrive at breakfast after sleeping on the plane. The hotels are really good value for the 5 star luxury and white sandy beaches plus watersports included. They are really brilliant with children and I cannot recommend it enough
sw11_
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sw11_ » Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Couldn't agree more with Mauritius. We go in late October and it's wonderful then - the driest month of the year! Loads of the kids to do x
TLTB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TLTB » Wed May 31, 2017 7:55 am

Hello I run my own travel agency from home locally and can help you with your enquiry. I know the Caribbean very well and have just returned from Jamaica where I can recommend great family hotels. One even has a climbing wall and zip wire so not the usual kids club! You can also take them to mystic Mountain which is a fun attraction in the rain forest with a water slide and toboggan run and dunns river falls a water fall you can all climb. I can also give you info on Guadeloupe and Martinique. I am a mum of twins and have been in the travel industry for 25 years so please do feel welcome to contact me for ideas and to save you time www.theluxurytravelboutique.com
JamTart
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JamTart » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Thanks for the Mauritius recommendations - I will add it to the short(?)list. I may need a yachtbroker, too.
TLTB: that sounds interesting! I will be in touch with you shortly.
Thanks again for your help.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:42 am

Just wondering why your kids won't be in school then? If you manage to find a hotel with a kids' club they're going to be a bit lonely as the only other kids will be pre-schoolers
LoveShoes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LoveShoes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:45 pm

St Lucia is gorgeous and has a volcano, we loved Antiqua particularly swimming with sting rays which was magical and going to a jump up which was great fun, Sri Lanka is brilliant as is Mauritius. What a lovely project to research - have fun!