List of playgrounds / soft play areas near Balham?

5 posts
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

List of playgrounds / soft play areas near Balham?

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:36 pm

As per other posts, we are considering moving to Balham and are looking into the area.

Can you please tell me what playgrounds or soft play areas (free or not) are near Balham, i.e. within a 20-minute walk or 10-minute bus ride from Balham station?

I'm familiar with the playground in Clapham Common, and I'd imagine Wandsorth common and Tooting Bec Common probably have their own playgrounds, too, although I have never been and am not sure how far from Balham they (the playgrounds) are.

I understand Gymboree is near Southfields, so that's too far, but maybe there are other soft play areas? Children centres / areas run by the council?

Thanks!
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: List of playgrounds / soft play areas near Balham?

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 pm

No one? :(
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 pm

There are at least two playgrounds in Tooting Common- triangle with the sandpit, and the one near the cafe. Possibly others I'm not sure

One on Upper Tooting Park (which is a road not a park!) - good for under 5s

Two on Wandsworth Common - one by Skylark cafe and one over by chivalry road

One on Clapham Common, quite near the bandstand

Softplay, there's Bertie and Boo on Balham High Road (small soft play but entry includes a 30 min story/magic show) and Eddie Katz in Earlsfield. Also one in latchmere leisure centre. There is one in Wandle Recreation Centre but not sure how much it's open to the public (as opposed to used for parties)

Hopefully others will add!
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Oh yes there's also Fledglings which is a stay and play with sand, water, crafts, ride on toys etc (by the chivalry road playground) - runs in the afternoons/ weekends (?) in term time and also mornings in school holidays.
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks!

We were in the area on Saturday and saw the playground at the Northeastern tip of Wandsorth Common (Chivalry road) but missed the other one.

We went to the Bertie and Boo café – only now do I realise they also have a playground/soft play about 500 metres farther south.