Door to door fake sponsorship requests by children

1 post
Suresha
Options:
Share this post on:

Door to door fake sponsorship requests by children

Postby Suresha » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Has anyone had children whom you don’t know, knocking on your door and asking you to sponsor them for a fundraising event? The most recent episode involved a boy aged about 10 , and a little girl possibly aged 6 .They said that they were running in a race to raise money for cancer research, and duly showed me a sponsor form with MacMillan Nurses Charity printed on the top and a list of sponsors’ names , including five of my neighbours . They had all given £10 to the children. The title on the form was not the MacMillan logo, and I smelled a rat. I asked the children where they lived,and what school they attended . They couldn’t answer and looked very uncomfortable . I asked them where their parents were, and said that I wouldn’t give them money until they had completed the race. At which point the sweet little girl hung her head saying “Ohh!”. Am I being cynical? Was there a Fagin character nearby,waiting for the little ones to return,ten pound notes stuffed into their pockets ? I suppose they could have been acting on their own which is even sadder.