Thomas's clapham

4 posts
Lilawhite
Options:
Share this post on:

Thomas's clapham

Postby Lilawhite » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am

Hi all, was wondering iff parents from Thomas's clapham could advise me on an issue. DS will be assessed in November for entry reception 2019. When we asked the number of siblings they said at the moment they have 7 boys born between November and march. We didn't really understand what that means, would it be that there are only 3 spots available? DS was born in January.
Thank you for any knowledge you may have regarding it.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Thomas's clapham

Postby dudette » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:36 am

They take 80 children each year. I think they do try and even it up between boys and girls and spread throughout the year. November to March sounds a bit odd - it would make more sense to do it in quarters. But based on that it would seem there are about 6 or 7 places in your son’s category for non-sibling boys. If you want a definitive answer just call the school registrar.
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:46 am

My understanding is they try to have around half boys and half girls, and a spread of birthdays across the year.

It's a four form entry (I think?) so 80 places. So about 40 for boys. Of those, about 20 for boys with autumn or winter birthdays . They're saying they already have 7 boys with autumn or winter birthdays. So I guess 13 spaces left for boys with autumn or winter birthdays. I don't know whether they further divide between spaces for autumn and winter
born.

I would guess them saying Nov-Mar means they don't have any Sep and Oct birthdays.
astro
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby astro » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 am

Hi went through this this year and after many calls with the registrar and the head of our nursery this is what I was told (whether it is the truth of not I dont know!).... they select the kids based on MONTH of birth. For example, there were 4 spots for boys this year in my sons birth month, 3 were taken up by siblings which left 1 spot for a new boy. They assessed 4 boys and selected 1. If you’re on the waitlist you will only receive an offer if a child from that particular birth month declines - so in our case, only if that one child pulled out. The moral of the story is that is it in large part down to luck and the way the numbers fall in that particular year. Good luck!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.