Fledgling on the Common

4 posts
Mummyabc
Options:
Share this post on:

Fledgling on the Common

Postby Mummyabc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi
Does anyone have any experience of the nursery school element of Fledglings for younger children. Considering sending my 2 year old but whilst it is only one measure (and shouldn't be the only measure) I have noticed the ofsted rating has recently downgraded to 'needing improvement'.

Any comments welcomed.

thanks
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Fledgling on the Common

Postby Alchemy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Yes, it's excellent, both my sons went there and were very happy.

It is ideal for younger children, for older ones I found it helpful to combine it with a school nursey, which will help them with transition to reception.

That Ofsted rating surprises me -- if anything, the current manager has brought in much-needed stability, and a stronger focus on age-appropriate learning.

In addition, the facilities are first rate, with amazing outside space, and parent involvement is strong.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or attend their afternoon stay-and-play sessions and have a chat with John, the manager.
boysmumy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boysmumy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:04 am

I agree with comment above.
This is an excellent nursery. Fantastic facilities, outdoor space is huge with lots of toys (tricycles, playhouse etc...). Children absolutely love it. My eldest went there 2 years ago and my second is there now. Sending my third next year.
Ideal for younger children until they can go to school nursery. I would opt for nursery school before reception as I think it is a better preparation for primary school.
But as a first experience of playgroup for children, this is a great place. John the manager is amazing and working really hard to make sure all the children are engaged and happy.
They lost their deputy head this year and yes I would agree that it now misses a little enthusiasm when John is away. But I don't think the new ofsted rating is true to what that nursery is offering children.
boysmumy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boysmumy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 am

I agree with comment above.
This is an excellent nursery. Fantastic facilities, outdoor space is huge with lots of toys (tricycles, playhouse etc...). Children absolutely love it. My eldest went there 2 years ago and my second is there now. Sending my third next year.
Ideal for younger children until they can go to school nursery. I would opt for nursery school before reception as I think it is a better preparation for primary school.
But as a first experience of playgroup for children, this is a great place. John the manager is amazing and working really hard to make sure all the children are engaged and happy.
They lost their deputy head this year and yes I would agree that it now misses a little enthusiasm when John is away. But I don't think the new ofsted rating is true to what that nursery is offering children.