Do you find that you can't see the cars arriving from Cairns Road and it's dangerous?

4 posts
Paulette
Options:
Share this post on:

Do you find that you can't see the cars arriving from Cairns Road and it's dangerous?

Postby Paulette » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 pm

I don't know if anyone has the same issue as me, but walking up Northcote road in the direction of Clapham Junction, I always get surprised (and thankfully I never get hit) by cars appearing from Cairns road. The reason we can't see them coming is that there are a few storage containers (I think the florist's?) and so they don't see us walking and we don't see them.

I think people use that road to avoid traffic light on Battersea Rise. I really think one day someone will get hit.

Did it ever happen? Shall we mention it to the council? Should there be some signage, or should it become forbidden to turn into Northcote from Cairn's Road to prevent the rat race?
I'm curious as to what others think.
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Do you find that you can't see the cars arriving from Cairns Road and it's dangerous?

Postby chorister » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am

It's about as dangerous as the 4x4 tractors that park on the yellow lines at the end of roads so that driving up to a T junction one can often see neither left nor right when emerging.
SW12Pops
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Do you find that you can't see the cars arriving from Cairns Road and it's dangerous?

Postby SW12Pops » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 am

Hi
I think there are a few areas where pedestrians feel that it’s almost “not road” and car drivers belt down at normal speeds. The other day a cement truck came flying up Bellevue Road at at least 30mph.

I know that’s the limit but it wasn’t going to stop easily and children and dog walkers amble across that road.
Paulette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Paulette » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am

Does anyone know how to raise it to the Council to have a proper consultation and review? Maybe a bump at the end of the road, or a width restriction that would force people to slow down when approaching Northcote road would be useful?
Now that we discuss it I realize there are many other roads where it's the case indeed, and there are so many children going up and down Northcote I think it is a hazard, but I am no authority.