Screen time for children?

1 post
WandsworthWave
Options:
Share this post on:

Screen time for children?

Postby WandsworthWave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

How much screen-time is considered acceptable for children? And what limitations do you put in place for the games they play? It's a great topic of conversation amongst my friends right now. As is the appropriateness of Fortnight for a 6 yr old (I am holding firm, but it's a daily battle)! We've recently found an app called www.DiaryZapp.com, which allows children to capture their special days and memories to keep forever, at the same time as developing their creative and literacy skills. We've been practicing at the weekends and days out, and we're really looking forward to taking it on holiday next week. I thought the NappyValley community would appreciate hearing about it in time for the summer holidays? We do consider ourselves conscientious parents, but in all honesty, the children will no doubt want to use their tablets whilst we're away and we will certainly appreciate the downtime. Does anyone else have any educational (/guilt-free) apps to recommend? I'd love to have a few more downloaded in time for our holiday...