In year admission

3 posts
Newsouthlondonmum
Options:
Share this post on:

In year admission

Postby Newsouthlondonmum » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:07 am

Hi everyone, we are trying to move from North London to SW11. But my son got offered a reception place in North London. I obviously can’t apply for a new school place now as I need an address in SW11 first... I would love to hear from parents who went through in year school admissions in the area and if it’s a nightmare?
I’m really nervous about it and it’s the worst timing ever as my son is due to start reception in September but sometimes you don’t have the luxury to have the best timings...
I know the council HAS to offer us a place but I don’t want my son to be offered a school that we don’t like or that is far away from the new house as my husband and I both work and commute. I’m just trying to gauge how nightmarish it will be.
Bathtub
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: In year admission

Postby Bathtub » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 pm

It's potentially terrible, or it could work out seamlessly. Try to get as close to the school you want as possible, and then you'll be at/near the top of the waiting list.
headshrinker
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: In year admission

Postby headshrinker » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi NewSouthLondonMum

We actually seem to have more primary school places than kids in Balham right now. I know Ravenstone has a few spare Reception slots for September 2018 and Trinity St Mary's usually does too. Both are rated Good by Ofsted. Shouldn't be a problem unless you had your heart set on a particular school. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.