Basement recommendations

3 posts
CNmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Basement recommendations

Postby CNmum » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:39 am

We're planning to dig a basement in the near future and while we're happy with our architect's design, I can't help but wonder if there's some clever solution we're missing. (Our current plan is to dig a 2/3 basement incorporating a playroom, utility room,  storage space, bedroom and bathroom. However, we're now wondering whether we'd be better off going for the whole footprint of the house in order to maximise natural light.)

I'm struggling to think of a basement I've loved (I've seen a fair few as we've been house hunting for 4+ years). Is anyone able to recommend a fantastic basement company, or designer? Or happy to show me your 'grand design' basement?

Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Basement recommendations

Postby Annabel (admin) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:16 am

Hi
Exciting times!

Have you seen a (print) copy of our Design and Build Guide?

We publish it once a year and I think it might help - it has a lot of ideas for basements, lofts etc etc.

It's totally free so if you ping me an email we'll pop one in the post...

annabel@nappyvalleynet.com

Tks and good luck!
Ensoul.co.uk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Basement recommendations

Postby Ensoul.co.uk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi CNmum, you are very welcome to come over to our home and look at our basement (albeit an under-garden basement) and we can talk you through how to maximise light for an under-house basement. You can also review our basement guide here https://ensoul.co.uk/london-guide-basement-extension/

All the best, Mike Lander, 020 3637 0700

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.