- It is impossible to find someone to speak to on the phone.
- Emails to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are ignored
- I filed a complaint through www.resolver.co.uk but that is being ignored, too. That system tells me that in 8 days I can escalate the complaint to PATAS (Parking and Traffic Appeals Service), but, since this is not about challenging a parking ticket, I'm not sure they can do anything.
Do I have other options?
Does anyone know if I can sue a council through the online money claim process? https://www.moneyclaims.service.gov.uk/ ... ligibility You cannot sue government departments like HMRC or DVLA but I'm not sure about councils.
The only other thing I can think of is to contact local councillors. It might seem petty to bother a councilor over such a small amount, but:
- the council would chase me very aggressively if I owed them the same money, so I don't see why I should just write it off
- I think it's important the councilors know that the traffic/parking department is not working properly, and that the transition to the new IT parking system was a colossal cluster*