1 post
Rosyp
Options:
Share this post on:

Forest School- after school & Half Term

Postby Rosyp » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:18 am

Forest school ‘after school’ sessions & Half Term sessions ✨🌱

Dear Parents,

I am a teacher with 5+ years childcare experience, teaching (formely at Miss Daisys & another top London nursery on Kings rd) & tutoring and I have just decided to embark on a new and very exciting adventure. As some of you are aware, I have recently set up a Forest School for children called ‘Little Eco Explorers’💫 I have been running sessions in Battersea Park & parks across SW London and I have had a wonderful response and magical feedback, from all of the parents whose children have attended. 

Going forward during term time, I am going to be running ‘after school’ sessions, 1.5-2hours, for children, ages 18m-3yrs in the mornings and 3-6 yrs in the afternoons. The sessions will be split into age groups and the activities will be age appropriate to that group. I am very flexible on locations and timings. Monday is full & Wednesday I only have 3 spots available, but I still have availability on the other week days : ) You can either gather a small group of your children’s friends to make up a session, or I can add your little one to a group that’s already running.

Please see below a little bit more information about my Forest School: 💫🌱

I have always had a huge passion for the outdoors, being one of six children, where we spent our childhood exploring in the woods, creating magical dens and making wonderful woodland crafts. I have done a huge amount of research on the benefits of learning in the natural environment, the breadth of opportunities provided and the myriad educational benefits for teaching and learning. Not only can it enhance childrens’creativity, promote their physical activity and improve their psychological wellbeing, it also helps increase concentration and cognitive skills. I am extremely passionate about this and feel that it is so important for children to be able to be in touch with and understand nature through learning and also extremely important for children to be able to switch off from the busy city life and let the kids immerse themselves in the beautiful environment.

All of my sessions are super fun, creative, educational, engaging and active - all of which are extremely important elements to a child’s development. I try to bring as much enjoyment and wonder to the sessions as I can, so the children are inspired to learn & the sessions allow their senses to become alive.

I have spent the last few months planning a Forest School syllabus, which incorporates all of the above and the EYFS core skills. The sessions involve a range of exciting and creative activities, which will encourage your children to use their imaginations and exploratory skills, to complete different tasks throughout the sessions. These include numbers in nature, clay play creatures, nature scavenger hunts, den building, pebble painting, learning about seasons/flora & fauna, bugs galore, woodland potions, crafty crowns, mud pies, leaf threading and much more!! 

I will also be doing sessions in Half Term 9-12pm & 12.15-3.15pm, so please do let me know if this is of interest!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me an email and I very much look forward to hopefully meeting some of you soon & an exciting few months with you all! 💖

Best wishes, 

Rosy
Attachments
16BC82E2-EF6C-4725-830C-7E085DD97EBE.jpeg
975DDA31-1A25-46F0-80D0-A6049FEF3F1A.jpeg
5D89C493-1312-4A31-A010-4DD9FA6F3731.jpeg

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.