Help Prepare Your Child for the 11-Plus - with a little less stress

2 posts
Creative Hare
Share this post on:

Help Prepare Your Child for the 11-Plus - with a little less stress

Postby Creative Hare » Thu May 11, 2023 11:57 am

Register (below) to join parenting expert, Anita Cleare and tutor Clare Lloyd for a *live* Q + A on 24th May @ 8pm.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/help-you ... 1643581687 

📣 Expect an honest and compassionate chat to help parents cut through the noise of the 11-Plus. 
Attachments
11-Plus sq.png
Carol R Leake
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help Prepare Your Child for the 11-Plus - with a little less stress

Postby Carol R Leake » Mon May 15, 2023 11:32 am

As we approach the start of the new school year in the UK, I wanted to share some advice based on my own experiences as a parent. Sending our kids off to school can be both exciting and nerve-wracking, but with a little preparation and support, we can help make this transition smoother for our little ones.

One piece of advice I'd like to offer is to stay informed. Last year, when my child started school, I made sure to stay updated on the latest guidelines and recommendations provided by the government and the school itself. By doing so, I was able to make informed decisions regarding COVID-19 safety measures, such as ensuring my child was up to date with vaccinations and understanding the protocols in place for testing and mask-wearing.

Communication with the school is also crucial. I remember reaching out to my child's teachers and administrators, attending parent-teacher meetings, and connecting with other parents. This open line of communication not only helped me stay informed about my child's progress but also allowed me to address any concerns or questions I had along the way. Building a partnership with the school community can make a significant difference in our children's educational journey.

Preparing our children for the school year is essential. I vividly recall sitting down with my child and discussing what to expect when returning to school after a long break. We talked about the new routines, any changes due to the pandemic, and the importance of following safety measures. This open conversation helped alleviate some of my child's anxieties and built their confidence in navigating the school environment.

Emotional well-being is equally important. Last year, my child experienced a mix of excitement and nervousness about going back to school. I made sure to create a safe space for them to share their feelings, and we talked through any concerns they had. By acknowledging their emotions and providing reassurance, we were able to approach the school year with a positive mindset.

Establishing healthy habits is another valuable piece of advice. We practiced good hygiene habits at home, reinforcing the importance of regular handwashing and proper respiratory etiquette. I encouraged my child to take responsibility for their own health and safety by following any safety measures outlined by the school. These habits not only protect them but also contribute to the well-being of the entire school community.

Lastly, I found great support and comfort in connecting with other parents. Sharing experiences, challenges, and triumphs with fellow parents helped me feel less alone on this journey. Joining parent-teacher associations and online parent groups allowed me to gain insights, exchange ideas, and forge meaningful connections. I also found really helpful studentshare org platform fot writing inspiration, long essays etc. Make sure to bookmark it to use later.

Remember, dear parents, each child and family is unique, so adapt these tips to suit your own situation. Cherish the moments leading up to the first day of school and be there to support your child every step of the way. Together, we can make this school year a memorable and successful one for our little ones.

Wishing you and your children a fantastic start to the school year!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.