Warm (er) swimming pool

4 posts
Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Warm (er) swimming pool

Postby Medway » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:07 pm

I wonder if anyone can recommend a warmish swimming pool? I took my kids to Balham Leisure Centre yesterday and I found the water really unpleasantly cold. You have to keep moving all the time to keep warm which shortens diving practice and other games! I am told by Balham Leisure centre that the temperature has been the same for years so clearly I am getting more sensitive.
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Warm (er) swimming pool

Postby szerma » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:18 pm

At Clapham Leisure Centre the kids pool is rather warm. Just ring ahead to check when they are open to the public, as at some times they have lessons. However, it is also quite shallow.
Pud1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pud1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Clapham main pool is also quite warm.
Nathan253
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nathan253 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:14 pm

We also used to go to this pool, but I'm afraid to take the children to the pool during the pandemic. They've been swimming for a year, and they're doing great on the water, so I think we can send them to their grandparents for the summer. They have an old swimming pool in the backyard, and if you fix it up a little, you can still use it. It's already hard for old people to clean the pool, so I found an automatic pool skimmer , which will make life easier for all of us. Also, there are special water heaters so that the water is not too cold. I advise you to buy at least an inflatable pool for children to not use the public one.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.