Auditions for Theatre Company ages 10+

2 posts
Stars
Options:
Share this post on:

Auditions for Theatre Company ages 10+

Postby Stars » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 am

keep-calm-it-s-audition-time.png

Hi everyone, We’re holding auditions for our Thursday Theatre Company on Wednesday 19th December 5-6pm at the Tara Arts Theatre in Earlsfield. We’re very excited to see the local talent in South West London! I've written a few audition tips here for any children and teens who have an upcoming audition. I hope they're useful!

1. Confidence as you walk in - try not to look at the floor or at your feet! Stand tall, make eye contact with whoever is on the audition panel and smile :) 

2. Judge the room - try and think about how the room sounds. If it's large and echoey for example, then you may not have to sing full out, and your music may have to be played a bit quieter than usual. Also have a think about where you're going to stand, and where you'll be performing to. 

3. Pick a song that suits you - you want to show what you can do in an audition situation, so pick a song that suits your vocal range and style. Also a song that suits the production you're auditioning for is preferred e.g. if it's for our Thursday Theatre Company, then a song from a musical would be great. Ideally it won't be a song that the panel have heard 5 times already in the last hour. Think outside the box!

4. Practise practise practise! - there's nothing worse than going to an audition and being terrified, because you haven't practised enough. Rehearse your material properly, and give it 100%, as if it were in the actual audition. You could even have a mock audition in front of friends and family - it may be embarrassing, but very useful! If you can do it in front of them, then you can do it in front of anyone!  

5. Don’t eyeball the panel - when you're singing or doing a monologue, don't stare at the audition panel, as it will make them feel uncomfortable. Look out and up, as if you were on stage and have an audience in front of you. 

6. Listen - sometimes a panel may give you direction, to try your material again, in a different way. Make sure you listen to what's being suggested and take it on board - it's very easy to get caught up in your own thoughts about what you just did, and then not hearing what they'd like you to do! The ability to take direction is a great asset in a performer, so to demonstrate this in an audition room is great. And if they're asking you to do it again, they probably see potential in you, otherwise they wouldn't ask! So it's a positive thing.

7. They don't want you to fail - Remember, the audition panel are not there hoping you do it wrong. They're looking for people to hire, so they want you to do the best job you can! Some nerves are useful, but ultimately you're there to have fun, show them what you can do, and if anything goes wrong, it isn't the end of the world. It's only for 10 minutes of your life, and then you can leave, feel proud of what you've achieved and then forget about it!

If you'd like more information or to book an audition, please visit our website https://www.starspaclubs.com/theatre-company or contact Rachael on 07846 385 423 / rachael@starsperformingartsclubs.com

Good luck!  :D
Hannah14568
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Auditions for Theatre Company ages 10+

Postby Hannah14568 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 pm

If I were a child I would certainly try to join a Theatre company, in my childhood I liked Theatre so much and wanted to become an actor, now I simply watch films )

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.