When: Thursday 24th January 2019
Location: Beattitude Club, 669 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield, SW17 0PB
Many women put a stop to their fitness regime when they fall pregnant as it’s not easy to find information about how safe it is. Knowing how to exercise safely during pregnancy will give you the confidence you need to be consistent with your fitness, so you don’t have to give up everything you love after all. It’s actually a really great way to prepare yourself for labor and childbirth and is very beneficial for, not only your health, but the baby’s too!
What will you learn in the workshop?
- The up to date scientific guidelines that are recommended
- The holistic and realistic approach
- Why is it good to exercise during pregnancy?
- How to exercise during pregnancy
- The dos and don’ts of exercising in pregnancy
- What might stop you from exercising during pregnancy?
- What positions are safe to exercise in
- Physiological changes that happen to the body during pregnancy and their implications on exercising
- How to handle a diastasis during the pregnancy and after delivery
- What can you do if you notice some urinary leakage
- What can you do if you get some low back pain or pelvic girdle pain
- When to consult your GP/midwife/physiotherapist
- When and how to return to exercise once you’ve had your baby according to delivery type eg c-section vs vaginal birth
You will also have the opportunity to ask an experienced women’s health physio, who specialises in women’s health in sport, any questions you have during the session.
To register your interest and book on follow this link
A few spaces left on the workshop.