Anybody?! consultant recommendations: Lansdell

5 posts
hellyc
Options:
Share this post on:

Anybody?! consultant recommendations: Lansdell

Postby hellyc » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:16 am

Hi folks
I’ve looked up previous posts on this but most of the recommendations seem to be no longer there.
I’ve decided to go private for my next pregnancy (fingers crossed) as I had a traumatic birth and terrible postnatal care at St George’s last year.
I want to be on the private wing of an NHS hospital and it will be an elective c-section.
Also, can you have the majority of your appointments on the public side and then have your c-section scheduled privately? How many times would you need to see your consultant?! Any other tips?!
Thanks in advance
X
SophiaApp
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Anybody?! consultant recommendations: Lansdell

Postby SophiaApp » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:56 am

Hello

We had our third baby almost one year ago after having our first two with the NHS.

We chose the Kensington Ward Chelsea and Westminster in order to access Private care within the NHS. I would highly recommend you speak to Dr Charlotte Deans as we had amazing care and were in incredibly safe hands even when I went a bit whizzy after a fair straight forward birth.

There are also a number of other brilliant private colleagues of Charlotte who work from C&W so lots to choose from. I’d arrange to meet a shortlist and go with who you feel most comfortable with

Good luck and Congrats on your 2nd!
Tulip2018
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tulip2018 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:14 am

Ditto on private second time around. We are going to Keith Duncan (PA laura@chelseabirthclinic.co.uk) at The Kensington Suite, Chels West. You can have a package from 32 weeks and a pay for a couple of scans before. We see him just opposite Chels West at The Woman’s Wellness Center. Lots of friends recommended him. I think many people feel his bedside manner is a little unusual but he’s excellent at answering questions, always available and apparently very good at his job. Other names that came up in the research from friends were Mr Raza (have seen him for previous surgery and he’s lovely) and Nick Wales. All at Chels West.
Good luck, really hope it’s less traumatic for your this time and it will give you the peace of mind to enjoy the pregnancy.
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Highly recommend Keith Duncan who is in charge at The Kensington Wing in C&W.
Dry sense of humour but at the top of his game and you’d be in very safe hands.
We were very happy with the care received, frequency of scans and my scar is so thin you cannot see it.
A very happy and healthy baby born.
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:25 pm

PS - They do not like to do half NHS and half private as it confuses the system and our GP strongly advises against it. It is best to pick one and go with it plus once you’ve seen the options available and care you probably won’t want to mix the two yourself.