St George's Miscarriage Clinic - any experience of using it?

8 posts
Sarah8898
Options:
Share this post on:

St George's Miscarriage Clinic - any experience of using it?

Postby Sarah8898 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 am

Has anyone had any experience of using the Miscarriage Clinic at St George's? The only reviews I can find anywhere date back to 2013.

After having recurrent miscarriages over the past year (around 8 weeks each time). I have a DD who is 3. I've now thankfully been referred for further investigations there but the earliest slot is mid March.

I'm keen to hear of any experiences of the clinic and any indication of how long the process will take for tests/results.

Or whether to going private, based on the 2 month wait for the first appointment.

I would welcome an private messages, if you'd prefer not to post publically.

Thank you
Happy Valley
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: St George's Miscarriage Clinic - any experience of using it?

Postby Happy Valley » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:44 am

Hi Sarah
Sorry to hear you're going through this. I was in a very similar situation around 8 years ago, having had one child I then had 3-4 recurrent miscarriages.
I live equi-distant from St Thomas', St George's and Chelsea & Westminster and have been to all three at various stages of my miscarriage issues. I chose to go to C&W for the investigations (NHS not private) and was under Guy Thorpe Beeston who I have since seen in the press as one of the doctors who delivered Prince George. They performed tests on my last miscarriage, me, my husband. I don't recall being part of the clinic more than a few months - time was of the essence as I was already 40 at that point. So I would certainly recommend C&W as an option.
I didn't want to go to the other two hospitals because of bad memories, not because of negative experiences (except waiting in corridors in St George's). And C&W feels more like a hotel than a hospital!

I wish you all the luck in the world.
Lily85
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Lily85 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:00 am

A second vote for C&W. I had an awful experience at St George’s following a miscarriage so when I did become pregnant, I opted for C&W. They were brilliant. I have visited both hospitals again for various issues related to myself or daughters and have never had a good experience at St George’s but always good things to say about C&W.
St George’s left me waiting in the hall for ages then the doctor barely spoke English and did not have any bedside manner in the slightest. In the end, I was seen in a dark room at 2am in the morning where the very rude doctor proceeded to do an invasive examination without me to this day fully knowing what he did.
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:36 pm

So sorry to hear what you are going through, another vote for C & W, I don't have any experience of the other 2. I was seen at the C & W both on the NHS & privately as I had at least 3 miscarriages that I knew about which resulted in having 3 ERPCs. I also went to Parkside & Concept. I have a DS who is now 8 & a half & a DD who is 4 & a half. It took a while, a lot of heartache, tears & tests to have my 2nd but hang in there. In the end, taking progesterone for the 1st 13 weeks & aspirin got me beyond 13 weeks . I tried everything including acupuncture, clomid, injections etc & it was very tough. Feel free to PM me if you would like to chat. xxx
Sarah8898
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sarah8898 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:30 pm

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience, perhaps I should switch to C&W even if the wait is a little bit longer.

Like some of you I've not got fond memories of St George's, so mentally may be best to try somewhere new.

Thanks so much again for your advice and kind messages
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wellbeing-guide
https://www.thesmartclinics.co.uk/
https://recentre-health.co.uk/womens-health-support/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.flowan-health.com/
Alaa
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alaa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:39 am

I am currently experiencing my 3rd Miscarriage in a row. I am under St.G hospital although overseas atm. I have some queries, the Doctors here have recommended that we do Karyotyping (genetic & choromosomal) test for both parents and a blood test (Lupus Anticoagulant) ..to find out if there are any any blood clot related issues. Do you have any idea, if the NHS covers these tests? 

I would also like to know how long the wait will be between each appointment and test... If you could give me some insight, what to expect / do after 3 miscarriages in a row I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!
Janedoe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Janedoe » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:56 am

I had a similar situation and going through the NHS would take too long when you need answers ASAP. I would recommend seeing Dr. Lesley Regan, the leading expert in miscarriages worldwide who operates out of St. Mary’s hospital or her colleague Dr. Raj Rai. I’ve seen both for previous miscarriages and they had appointments within a week of me inquiring and got to the bottom of my issue. Can’t recommend them enough.
NearlyNotAMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NearlyNotAMum » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:26 am

After many experiences at St George's, and with enough time passed to have a degree of perspective, I would never again set foot in St George's for any obs & gynae issues and I wish I never had. Multiple very bad experiences.

Based on feedback from friends and family I would go to Chelsea & Westminster, or go private for certain interventions in order to jump the queue to run analyses and identify any issues. It may not cost as much as you think.

It is easy to lose 3-6 months waiting for NHS processes and for any woman aged mid-30s+ time is very much of the essence. The quicker you resolve any issue the less likely you are to end up doing IVF. If you do go down that route, the younger you are the greater the chance of IVF being successful, crudely. Every month counts.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.