I want a home birth but husband against. How do I get unbiased information?

18 posts
frenchorchid
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: I want a home birth but husband against. How do I get unbiased information?

Postby frenchorchid » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:17 pm

I would like to add that, in my opinion, any mom can give birth at home if she invites doctors and nurses home. Then you don't have to worry about your life. After the birth you should go to the therapist and gynecologist for checkups so they can examine you, of course.
Jathome
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jathome » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:42 am

Congratulations :)

Giving birth, alongside sex, masturbation, orgasms and all the wonderful things our women’s bodies can do. Is quite an intimate thing experienced best, most comfortably and pleasurably with those we trust and want to be with. Usually those we know and want with us in our most vulnerable and wonderful moments. Birth although very occasionally can be needing intervention. A midwife who you have grown a relationship with during pregnancy is best placed to guide and support you through something so normal as having a period. You don’t give birth as many times but a midwife has the knowledge of what’s normal. The midwife can be in your home with you. The human body is made to give birth just like any animal we do not need to go to hospital to poo even when constipated. Unless there is a risk or complication. Giving birth at home for me was orgasmic I had a very short labour, I felt safe and I was eating pizza after. Birth at home was my heaven. Luckily my husband had full trust in me like I did he to know what was best for me in this kind of situation anyway! Took a while to explain to others but in the end it’s totally your choice.
this_is_cat
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby this_is_cat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:44 am

I just read this article which might be of interest…

Lots of hospital trusts are now suspending home births because they are so short staffed with midwives but also because of the huge delays with ambulances which means women can’t be safely transferred to hospital if anything goes wrong

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... s-shortage

The latter is particularly concerning - as many others have said, a home birth is only really safe if you can be moved straight to hospital if needed and without that back up, it’s an enormous risk