My name is Suzie and I'm currently studying for a Masters in Human Development at the British Psychotherapy Foundation in collaboration with Birkbeck University of London.
Part of my studies involves observing the very beginnings of human life.
I am therefore looking to observe a baby, in its usual home setting, for one hour each week from 0-18 months. Aims of the observation:
• To follow the gradual development of the baby
• To understand how babies make relationships with members of their family
• To understand how babies’ minds and thinking develop What does observation involve?
• Beyond setting up a regular weekly time slot, there are no obligations for the family
• Baby and parent (s) go about their usual lives during the observation
• All details are kept confidential
Many parents find the process of having their baby observed to be rewarding. If you are interested in taking part, I would love to hear from you!
Needless to say I have a fully up to date DBS check and the University course leader is more than happy to answer any questions you may have.