Beware - bad experience with a new hairdresser at Trotters

15 posts
Stigi
Options:
Share this post on:

Beware - bad experience with a new hairdresser at Trotters

Postby Stigi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm

I just took my 2 year old son to Trotters on Northcote Road to get his hair cut. I've been going to Trotters to get both of my son's hair cut, buy shoes etc for a while now and we've always had a really good experience. My son really doesn't like getting his hair cut but Sally who we usually see always manages to do an amazing cut and is fantastic with children and understands that they don't just sit still. Today we had a new male hairdresser and he was horrendous and that is being polite! My son was being really good, sitting still (which was a break through for us!) and by normal children's haircut standards it should have been relatively easy cut (I know they can sometimes be very tricky - it took 45 minutes one time at happy faces and I was very stressed by the end of it!). Anyway the hairdresser clearly had very little experience of cutting children's hair, visibly getting annoyed - rolling eyes, tutting, being rough moving his head into position etc!. Towards the end of the cut my son started to get uncomfortable as he had hair all over his face and we didn't have any wet wipes to try and wipe the hair away. The hairdresser didn't even try to move the hair from his face and help us. I honestly am quite shocked at how someone like him could get a job in Trotters and more to the point working with children. I have emailed Trotters to let them know what a bad experience we have just had so will wait to see what they say. But be warned, if you go there check who is cutting your little one's hair first!
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Beware - bad experience with a new hairdresser at Trotters

Postby Annabel (admin) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks Stigi - we will mention this in the email tomorrow and hopefully we can find out if its just you or a trend.

A
Vives09
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vives09 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:07 am

Just another vote of confidence for Andy and Costas - we were walking past a few weeks ago and I took my eldest (aged 5) in since his hair was turning into a mop and I thought we could just pop in and try a cut. They were really good - very friendly and very used to young children - and the haircut was also spot on.
Stigi
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Stigi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:58 am

Thanks so much, I'll give them a try next time x
rebecca anderson
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rebecca anderson » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 am

Wow I am so shocked to hear this as I have been taking my little ones to happy faces ever since they opened. I have recommended them to many of the mums at school and all that have been have loved it. We normally see Nicole she is always so happy and friendly and dose an AMAZING JOB. I think you should try with her. :D
Happy Faces
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Happy Faces » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:53 am

Happy Faces pride ourselves on great customer service and only employ the best stylist suitable for the position and all undertake training before being employed by us. As the manager of Happy faces I would like to offer my sincere apologies regarding this mater that has been raised on nappyvallynet.com. I would like to invite you back to Happy Faces for a complementary haircut for your children, as I have not been made aware of your upset that this has caused you before.
I take this matter very seriously and I would have been extremely happy if it had been brought to my attention while you was in the store. This is the first time that I have heard anything of this nature regarding the salon.
I hope you except my offer and we hope to welcome you back to Happy Faces for your son’s next haircut. :D
Please contact me at your convenience on: 0207 228 8151

Kind Regards
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Donna Mihaylova
Store manager

Karin1979
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Karin1979 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 pm

I have never been to Trotters on northcote road but have been to the one on kings road once and it was fine :| ,but as for Happy Faces I am soooooo shocked that this has happened.

I have taken the kids their now for the last 4 haircuts and I am always so happy not only with the haircut but the staff there are all so friendly. :D

I would take up the offer :lol:

K x
foureyes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby foureyes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

I too am very surprised, I've had great experiences at Happy Faces, my children loved it (their only complaint being that they couldn't hear their DVD when the hairdryer was on!)

If that had happened to me, I'd have said something at the time and given them the chance to resolve it... but if by your own admission your son was pretty bad, you might have been expecting too much? Short of administering a general anaesthetic there isn't an awful lot they can do with someone who doesn't want their hair cut..
moops
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby moops » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Foureyes I did admit that my Son is bad, but most toddlers are aren't they?! I don't think I was expecting too much but I did expect a quick, competent haircut not some awful scene for 45 minutes! Any child would have reacted the same way after that amount of time, and just for the record my Son's friend went first and the same thing happened.

I didn't mention anything at the time as I just wanted to get the hell out of there! I'm not losing any sleep over it though as I have now found a lovely barber whom my Son loves and trusts so I won't be undoing all the progress we've made by going back!
claire_s
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claire_s » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Moops toddlers are bad but I don't feel that is the hairdresser’s problem. Count yourself lucky that the hairdresser and salon management had the patience to have you there for 45 minutes, as I would have kicked you out.

As for trotters a couple of my friends have there children’s haircuts there and they are always so happy.

Susan Cater-Allen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Susan Cater-Allen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:01 am

vote of confidence for Happy Faces.

Love it so much only place my girls have had a top haircut and a blow dry for such a low price. I have recommended them to many people now and all have had such a lovely time there.

I think Happy Faces are underpriced :D for all they offer.

I too would take up the offer :lol:
Stigi
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Stigi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:17 am

BTW I called up Trotters as well as emailing them to let them know about my bad experience and they told me that the guy that was cutting hair on Sunday was a temp! and that the comments would be passed onto the manager. I do love Trotters and have always had good experience there but I do think that it's important to check who will be cutting your child's hair and if they work there full time as obviously on this occasion they were totally unaware of what this guy was like....
moops
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby moops » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

I understand that Happy Faces is a much loved place and I respect that but I am simply saying that I was happy with my experience there, simple as. I haven't started a thread about it or anything I just made a comment about my experience in response to the OP. Like I said I'm not losing any sleep over it and I'm quite happy with the hairdresser he has now who in my opinion knows that you need to be quick when cutting kids hair as well as being good with kids, things I didn't think the Hairdresser at Happy Faces possessed. Like I said my friend before me had the same experience so it isn't just me.

As for saying you would kick us out after 45 minutes, are you serious??! :shock: I would have loved to leave but the incompetent hairdresser was only half was through! Remind me never to go to your Hair salon if you ever open one up! This is exactly the attitude that makes me so happy with my new hairdresser, they would never get angry if a toddler was upset in fact they wouldn't even cut his hair until he had calmed down. That experience at HF put him off for months, he wouldn't even sit in the chair. I don't think it is right for haircuts to be a traumatic experience.

Anyway that is my opinion and experience, this is boring me now.
Susan Cater-Allen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Susan Cater-Allen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 pm

i agree :D
moops
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby moops » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm

My last post was removed by the Administrator as a response to Susan Cater-whatsherfaces offensive comments being removed. In short I thanked Susan for taking the time out of her busy life to attack me for no good reason and to spend the time looking through my NVN statisitcs, how very sad! Anyway like I said I don't need to justify myself to anyone but as I work from home I spend a lot of the time on the net and yes I like to see what is going on in my area, I am definitely not the lazy mum that you called me. I also would like to say that I like to help people so that makes up the majority of my posts, sorry if I have had a whinge this once!! Who really cares how often I am on here?!?!

I think as a whole you have offended those that frequent NVN as having 'no life', I think most of the time I contribute positively to this site but people like you are making me want to leave.