Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth Battersea Class

5 posts
nadiaraafat
Options:
Share this post on:

Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth Battersea Class

Postby nadiaraafat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Did you know there is an awesome Yoga and Mindfulness class for Pregnancy and Birth on your doorstep? Sign up to the April 12 week complete course or attend as a drop-in.

The 12 week course starts on Wednesday 18 April and runs to Wednesday 11 July.
Course Price: £170 - Includes course materials and a FREE postnatal session.
Weekly Drop-In fee £15.
Every Wednesday 6pm-7pm
St Barnabas Church, Corner of Lavender Gardens and Clapham Common Northside SW11

Nadia Yoga 250517_45Resized.jpg
Nadia Raafat, birth doula, yoga and meditation teacher and antenatal educator has been teaching the women of Battersea and Clapham Pregnancy yoga and Birth Preparation for 15 years. Now she teaches Mindfulness as well.
Her weekly Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth class at St Barnabas Church on Wednesday evenings offers pregnant women the opportunity to get really physical, strong and flexible, to discover their inner power and learn how to carry themselves using the amazing evidence-based techniques and wisdom of Mindfulness through the pregnancy, childbirth and new parenting experience.

Nadia is the writer, director and producer of Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth DVD - the first and highly acclaimed Pregnancy DVD programme to bring Mindfulness to Pregnancy Yoga. She is a member of Birthlight, the British Wheel of Yoga, YogaBirth, the Positive Birth Movement and the Federation of Antenatal Teachers.

As a mother of 4 and a birth doula to over 50 couples, she is dedicated to empowering women with body awareness, birth rights knowledge and mindfulness techniques so that they can give themselves the best possible opportunity of a positive birth experience.

Nadia's weekly class is open to all pregnant women from 14 weeks to 42+
Join Anytime. All equipment is provided.

For more information on Nadia and her Yoga and Mindfulness Classes or doula services or to order her DVD please visit:
http://www.nadiaraafat.com

Email: Nadia@nadiaraafat.com
Attachments
IMG_3525.jpg
KH Keown
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth Battersea Class

Postby KH Keown » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:06 pm

I cannot reccomend Nadia and her classes highly enough. I started attending Nadia’s pregnancy yoga and mindful birthing class about 20 wks into my pregnancy. I loved the yoga finding it both relaxing and physically challenging. Especially towards the end of my pregnancy it was a wonderful way to stretch my body and work my back pain.

Mindfulness and pregnancy was a new concept for me. I had read about the benefits of mindfulness and pregnancy but had struggled to find a class in London. I was thrilled when I found out Nadia was a practioner. It was a fantastic way to explore pregnancy and prepare for birth. The classes were really informative and I really liked that for key sessions my partner could attend. One of the elements I liked the most was hearing birth stories. Each week Nadia read one to the group and I found they brought to life the different stages of birth helping me decide the type of birth experience I wanted.

My husband and I felt that Nadia could be a positive influence at our birth so we asked her to be our Doula. This was one of the best decisions we have made. Our labour and birth was long and painful but very positive and we found having Nadia’s support throughout immensely helpful.

In summary if you only take one pregnancy class make it Nadia’s. I believe she is one of the best people to help you enjoy your pregnancy and prepare for the birth and motherhood
Hannah_Happy_Mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Hannah_Happy_Mum » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 pm

I attended Nadia’s Mindful Birthing class this winter, as I love yoga, and wanted to mentally prepare for the birth. It was a wonderful way to take time out from the busyness of every day life once a week, to just dedicate it to the pregnancy and the upcoming labour. We all got to share our joys and worries, learn about our bodies and what to expect from labour, and learn about the choices when it came to creating our birth plans. The yoga and meditation helped with getting our bodies attuned and ready, and minds at peace. By the end of the course, all my anxieties had dissolved, I was confident, and actually really looking forward to my labour experience!
Thanks to Nadia for taking us on this wonderful journey. I’ve also met a great group of similar minded people on the course, and now it’s handy having a bunch of new mindful mummy friends around too :)
sarah.notman
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sarah.notman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:19 am

Nadia is an amazing person and a fabulous teacher of pregnancy yoga and mindfulness. I felt like she was holding my hand during my pregnancy which I really appreciated. I found it a hard journey and Nadia's teaching resonated throughout. The course is interesting, informative and also keeps you moving with dynamic mindful yoga. I also met a great group of people who I will continue to see. Nadia became my doula as we developed a great relationship over the course. :D xxxx
Ameliamarie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ameliamarie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 am

I had an amazing and powerful home birth, and am very grateful to the mindfulness practice and labour information I gained from Nadia’s course. I wasn’t able to attend the final classes as I was about to give birth and Nadia went out of her way to come to my home and do a private session with my husband and me to run through what labor could look like. This was very valuable for my husband, teaching him massage and pressure points to help me through times of intensity which I was very happy he knew!
I chose to do this mindfulness course in place of any NCT or other pregnancy classes and found it contained all the information and practice I needed. Thank you Nadia!
https://recentre-health.co.uk/womens-health-support/
https://www.thesmartclinics.co.uk/
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wellbeing-guide
https://www.flowan-health.com/
https://merrygoround.club/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.