Support group for Mums in Earlsfield 29/10/18

1 post
NatalieMac
Options:
Share this post on:

Support group for Mums in Earlsfield 29/10/18

Postby NatalieMac » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:01 am

On Monday 29th October I will be running a support group for Mums who have experienced any type of difficulty with their birth. This could range from having a birth that was out of line with what they wanted, to people who experienced trauma in their birth.

Every birth is different and every woman’s experience of birth will be different. We are not here to judge your birth story or say that it was negative/positive/worse/easier than the next. It is just about how you feel. I will be facilitating the group, but at the heart of it, it is for women to support each other and share their stories if they want to. As a therapist, I know that sharing, talking and being supported by others helps to normalise events that are out of the ordinary (like giving birth), however as a Mother I know that I needed my group of mums around me to talk about what happened. After having a difficult birth myself, I needed time to heal and process mentally what had happened, and I did this by talking to an amazing group of other mums and listening to their stories too.

The group will meet at the @homecafesw18 which is inside St. Andrews Church in Earlsfield at 1.00pm and will finish at 2.30pm. I will be there with my son (who’s now 10 months old) in the sofa area to the far right as you walk in. They have some great coffee and home made, healthy food (and cake of course!), there’s plenty of space for buggy’s, a good changing table, and breast feeding is welcome.

This will be a relaxed group and you don’t need to share if you don’t want to. Even if you want to come along and support and make friends, you are most welcome. Please drop me a message if you have any questions.
To note, I am also a qualified and accredited Psychotherapist with www.londonpts.com , so I’m there to offer any guidance you may need.
Drop me a line and let me know if you’re coming.
Natalie 😊
Attachments
E3C37D04-4F1A-476A-9149-7D24F2B714EA.jpeg

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.