Live out nanny post today’s announcement

4 posts
Nannyquestion
Options:
Share this post on:

Live out nanny post today’s announcement

Postby Nannyquestion » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:33 pm

PM statement today was clear that travel to work is permissible if work cannot be done from home. We have a live-out nanny who drives her own car to work. We are not classed as key workers but we do need to work from home to be able to get paid, and need to be paid to be able to afford to pay our nanny. It is not clear if the 80% govt support applies. My initial reaction is that as she drives directly here and we don’t go anywhere and she doesn’t go anywhere else then that should be ok.

However if she is not uncomfortable with this, would we be justified in not paying/paying a proportion/asking to take as holiday? Want to be reasonable in the circumstances but our finances are also at risk.

Curious as to how others are dealing with this, also interested to hear from nannies.

Thanks
treilly2003
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Live out nanny post today’s announcement

Postby treilly2003 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:37 am

I’m in the same boat. My nanny just sent us a message saying she wouldn’t be coming in based upon the PMs comments.

I need to get legal advice as to what to do. Does she need to use holiday time to stay home? Or take it unpaid?

Appreciate any advice from an employment lawyer here.
miami02
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby miami02 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:41 am

Following the PMs directive I have taken the decision to contact our nanny, myself and husband are working from home ( not key workers) have 3 children and though this will be difficult it’s got to be done to save lives. Will be looking into payment of 80% by Government.
denshort
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby denshort » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 pm

We've had guidance from our nanny agency that our live-out nanny won't be able to come to work with their interpretation of the current guidance.

This is on the basis that she can't work from home or practice social distancing while at work.

We will also be looking into taking the 80% support as a furloughed worker but will still be paying her 100% of her salary whichever which way that goes.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.