Virtual tutor/Nannies What are your thoughts???

3 posts
nannyandchild
Options:
Share this post on:

Virtual tutor/Nannies What are your thoughts???

Postby nannyandchild » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:51 pm

My names Carly, and i'm the founder of Nanny and child. I'm just putting the feelers out really to see what it is parents are in need of now that we are all in lockdown!

I have a few virtual tutors who are looking for work and also lots of nannies that are wondering what they can do from home to support parents.

I was thinking of the virtual nanny aspect and can appreciate this may prove difficult but, I think we could make it work for some families. A virtual nanny could assist with some things ie sing time, storytime and organised activities while the parents can get an hour or so of work done in the next room. I think there are many factors to think about here but I wanted to get some feedback from the parents themselves. www.nannyandchild.co.uk

Please let me know your thoughts! We all need to pull together at this time.

Huge thanks in advance.
Carly.
RumourMill
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Virtual tutor/Nannies What are your thoughts???

Postby RumourMill » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:43 pm

I am not sure to be honest. I would have thought children who are still in need of a nanny need to have that nanny with them for all sorts of reasons, health and safety being a big one. Sorry! 

Virtual tutor yes I can absolutely see a market for one of these. Children a bit older, can be left to work online for a period etc.
Shaftesburymum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Virtual tutor/Nannies What are your thoughts???

Postby Shaftesburymum » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:00 am

Hi Carly,

We have an after school nanny for our 7 year old. At the moment we are both working full time from home. Our daughters’ school provided some printed out worksheets but no structure or interaction and not enough work.

We’ve managed by working out a daily timetable where our daughter has 2 hours a day with her nanny over Skype and 2 hours with her Grandpa on Skype. The rest of the time she does PE with Joe on YouTube, independent reading, IXL maths and a few easier worksheets.

We WhatsApp pics of the worksheets and additional material we find to her nanny and Grandpa every evening. It’s a lot for us to manage on top of long and difficult work days but it’s really working for our daughter. Thankfully she loves her school work and responds well to a schedule. Her nanny has experience with working in schools and has 4 adult children. She mentioned that these sessions are helping to keep her sane too.

I feel like this arrangement is making a challenging situation just about workable for everyone. For us, having a nanny over Skype has definitely worked.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.