Little Learners - worth it?

14 posts
Daddyandpa
Options:
Share this post on:

Little Learners - worth it?

Postby Daddyandpa » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the million posts on childcare, but that’s the joy of having two under twos! :-o

Quick one really, we really need to get some more time in our day, and would like to stimulate our youngest (13 months) now that she is outgrowing sensory and Hartbeeps. We’ve heard a few good things about Little Learners in Balham (I believe there is also a Clapham branch) - intimate environment, Forest school, limited morning hours etc. and on paper it sounds great.

BUT... does anyone have direct experience, or recommendations? I’ve heard it’s busy so would love to get this sorted before DD is old enough to start there.

Thanks in advance!
Gemmashett
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Little Learners - worth it?

Postby Gemmashett » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Hello,
My little boy has just left LL Clapham! I cannot sing their praises enough. They are a fabulous nursery, intimate, caring and helping the children to develop.
I wish they had done longer days and my son could have stayed a little longer!
I’d never felt happier or more comfortable leaving my child with the LL Clapham team! Being a teacher myself I understand the importance of a safe, caring and nurturing environment. You will def get that here!!
lucynegus
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lucynegus » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:58 pm

My son Felix started there in January and he has been the happiest little boy since he’s started it’s made such a difference to him and taken his mind off his little brothers arrival! every day I pick him up and he’s holding a breadstick and grinning from ear to ear he just loves it there! The staff are really nurturing and cuddly with him which he needs he loves a cuddle! Honestly I couldn’t recommend it enough! Xxx
MrsFarr
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MrsFarr » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Hello,

My Daughter has just finished her time at Little Learners and it is an absolutely amazing place!
She had the most amazing time there (she was normally sitting in her buggy ready and asking to go 30/40mins before nursery because she wanted to be there so much!) she had two key workers while there as she moved up a group and both were absolutely amazing. All the staff are super friendly and so kind, they all really care about the kids and it really really shows. I was really blown away with how fantastic they were!

The nursery itself is a great space, they are able have lots of different stations set up through the session and have a fantastic outdoor space which really allows the kids to explore and play in a safe environment.
I really couldn’t recommend them more, I wish we had started her there months before we did! I shed a tear when she finished, we are going to really really miss them!

If you have any questions please let me know!
Squirrel123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Squirrel123 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:07 pm

We are currently at LL Balham and as per the above posts absolutely love it. It is such a nurturing caring environment, the staff are all great with the children and Michelle (who owns it) really cares that they do the best for the children from both a developmental and caring perspective. I feel it’s just worlds apart from our experiences with other nurseries. Couldn’t rate it more highly - to the extent that when I went back to work we found a wrap around nanny solution in order to be able to keep our youngest there rather than send him to a ‘full time’ nursery.
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://merrygoround.club/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
GreenPJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GreenPJ » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:15 pm

My son has just finished at Little Learners Clapham and I wish we could stay longer. It is a fantastic, caring little nursery with lovely teachers and absolutely not turnover (my older child also attended LL). Children are happy and very well stimulated and I will definitely recommend without doubts.
Littleandlittlest
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Littleandlittlest » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Do it! My eldest son has just finished there and my second is going to the Clapham one in September. The staff are just fabulous and the play activities are so creative and developmental that I just know I wouldn’t be able to match it at another nursery or at home. The benefit of the short morning sessions is that the interaction the kids get is all ‘value-add’ time - all play has a purpose and learning element to it - unlike a daycare environment. My eldest took a few weeks to settle and then after that wouldn’t even turn around to say goodbye to me! He would literally be hammering at the door to get in before they opened. I can’t wait for my second to start in September. If only it wasn’t term-time only!
roadsw123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby roadsw123 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Another very positive experience here! Our son is just in his last term at the Clapham branch. Really impressed with it - a lovely, warm environment in which for the younger children to adjust to being away from home. Lots of stimulation, activities etc and super caring staff. We’ve been loved it and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend!
Chloecasey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Chloecasey » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Such a fantastic nursery! Both my daughter and son started at 15 months and both loved every min. Michelle, who runs them both, is so on the ball and constantly finding great ways to engage with the kids on new topics and fun Ways to educate. The teachers she employs are always so nurturing and warm towards the kids. Both my children ended up having the same key worker, 2 years apart which says a lot about how good she is at managing and retaining great teachers. The outside space is really spacious and they all love spending time out there- so versatile from learning to fun tasks which continue to help them grow.
Can’t recommend highly enough!
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
Dlg
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Dlg » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Our son is currently at LL Clapham and we couldn’t love it more. He runs into nursery every morning and comes out each day in the best of moods! Michelle and her team are extremely professional - they were so supportive and thoughtful through lockdown, sending pre recorded videos of the teachers singing and recommended activities each week. Any time there has been a behavioural/developmental issue, they have liaised with us straight away and worked with us to help our son grow. The kids learn so much about the world around them - I have been astonished by some of the things Charlie tells me he learnt there. Honestly, you cannot do better than LL!
sjf22
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sjf22 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:43 am

I agree with all the previous posts. Little Learners is a fantastic nursery. My eldest was at the Balham branch from 15months and my youngest recently joined. Michelle and her team offer a nurturing and stimulating environment and equipped my eldest really well for his next step in his Early Years education. My youngest bounces into nursery without saying goodbye and comes out really happy every time. I have noticed that his speech has really developed during his first term and he loves singing their Hammer Hammer song!
I highly recommend Michelle and her team at Little Learners.
WandsComm1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby WandsComm1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:46 pm

Little Learners is amazing!  Michelle and the team are truly fantastic - so welcoming, nurturing and reassuring for any parents dropping their child off at nursery for the first time, as I was at the start of the year!  My son happily toddles into LL and is full of smiles and chatter at pick up - can't recommend LL highly enough!  Happy to answer any specific questions.
Qwertybird
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Qwertybird » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:46 pm

I know this is an older thread but just wanted to echo the sentiments above. My son has been attending LL and it has been absolutely fantastic. Michelle and her team are extremely committed to bringing out the best in every child. My son has had a wonderful experience and learnt so much, if I could I would have him stay for longer. 

Also their administration is very organised (unlike a lot of nurseries) and everything is done with absolute professionalism. I do think their sessions are almost a bit too cheap, given the multitude of activities and things they do. I would happily pay more to be honest. 
http://www.nappyvalleynannies.co.uk
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
Newbie3
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Newbie3 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:59 pm

Sorry to jump on an old thread, we are new to the area, and are looking for nursery options for our 18 month old. We have heard lots of good things about Little Learners and just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of them?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.