New rules

4 posts
Luvnyrick
Options:
Share this post on:

New rules

Postby Luvnyrick » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:40 am

What does everyone think of the stupid new rules of 6 people.i wonder if Boris has thought about Xmas time and families absolutely ridiculous one minute were all going to be ok for Xmas next were not also stupid idea of Marshalls who will tell people what side of the road to walk on disgusting and there being given £30.000 a year to march the streets what a fiasco !!
schoolgate
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: New rules

Postby schoolgate » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm

You do seem very cross at most thing Luvnyrick.
Christmas is a long way off and I suspect that the rules will change twice over before then. If the numbers are increasing, better to act decisively and sooner rather than later. I wish the numbers allowed were larger but hopefully this is a short term situation.
Lulubear
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Lulubear » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:54 pm

Erm, hard to predict where things will be at Christmas but I think by then we'll be doing well to avoid a lockdown!  It looks unlikely there will be a vaccine before then and we are heading into winter.  Christmas is traditionally a time when flu spreads as familiies get together so presumably there will be similar problems with Covid 19.
SW13twinsmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW13twinsmum » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:57 pm

I watched this the other day... does takes 37mins but very interesting and puts a lot of stuff into perspective... basically shows that Covid is very similar to seasonal flu in both death rates and seasonality all over the world, suggesting we won’t get a 2nd peak of deaths (over and above those who would sadly normally die of seasonal flu each winter)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaHB1/sta ... 23621?s=09

But to answer your question, I'm not a fan of the Rule of 6 as we're already a family of 5, so that means just inviting one grandparent at a time. I think we should change the rule to be like Wales and Scotland, which aren't including children under 12.