3 posts
Lookingforanaupair
Options:
Share this post on:

Au Pair wanted from February 2021 in SW11

Postby Lookingforanaupair » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Hello
 Au pair wanted from February 2021
Usually required 3.5 days a week (allowing time to study, work and/or explore)
Weekly allowance: £120
 6 month minimum contract (with the opportunity to extend)
Preferably already based in the UK 

We are a family of four seeking to welcome someone into our family to help care for our daughter and son on a part time basis. When you start our daughter - who goes to nursery will be 3 - and our son who will be going to a childminder - will be 10 months old.

Your standard hours will be approximately 28 hours per week, plus food and accommodation in your own double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, your own balcony (which is lovely to sit out on when sunny) with TV and internet. You will also have access to our utility room which has a washing machine and tumble dryer. 

We are looking for someone who wants to be part of our family, loves children, is fun and patient with kids, a reasonable cook of simple, healthy meals and has a reasonable standard of English. This role will suit someone with some experience of looking after young children. You might be looking to gain experience in childcare or be a part time student or graduate.

We are open to applicants who are considering being an au pair because their chosen career path has been affected by Covid. If you want help gaining Ofsted registration, getting work experience in a nursery or school or finding employment or courses for your non working days, we would be happy to help you in any way we can.  

We also want you to get to know us, the area and to feel at home and therefore would like you to join us in February before my maternity leave ends but not officially start full duties until March.  Your standard weekly working pattern will be:- A few hours on Monday afternoon, Tuesday - Thursday (11.30am until 7.30pm) plus one night baby sitting.

You will not usually be required to work on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays, which gives you lots of time to explore, study or work. However, due to our work commitments you might be required to help on a Friday every now and then. Weekly hours will not exceed 30 hours per week and will usually be around 28 hours per week. We may require you to work some additional hours during school holidays. 

Your duties will include:- Collecting our daughter from nursery at midday (nursery is a 5 minute walk from our house).- Making lunch and dinner for our daughter and some evening meals for the family.- Keeping our children's bedrooms, kitchen and play areas tidy.- Arranging play dates and play in and out of the house eg take our daughter to the park, playground and local activities/ classes.- Plan activities to do at home such as baking, art, games, singing and music.- Collect our son from the childminder (which is a 5 minute walk away) at approximately 5.30 pm and look after him together with our daughter until 7.30 pm. I will usually be able to finish work by 6.30 pm and therefore you won’t be on your own with two children for long at all. It is also likely that at least one of my husband or I will be working from home.

We have a cleaner once a week and you will not be expected to do general household cleaning. 

Our area:We live in a great location - off the Northcote Road near Clapham, in Battersea (SW11). We have a high street at the bottom our road with lots of shops, cafes, library etc. At the top of our road is a park called Wandsworth Common with a number of playgrounds and a cafe. There are various other parks within walking distance. Your day to day activities wouldn't require you to drive.  We live within walking distance of Clapham Junction overland station and Clapham South tube station. You will have easy access to central London and to areas outside of London (the coast and further afield). Battersea is a very popular area for young families. There is a wealth of activities and lots of opportunities to meet other carers in the local area. 

About us:We are a Christian family who enjoy the countryside, eating out and being active. We have a lovely, recently renovated large house with a small garden. If you would like to stand out as an ideal candidate please make sure the following describes you before applying: - My English is of a reasonable standard.- I have experience of caring for young children.- I am able to work in the UK (Ideally you will already be here but that is not essential).- I am passionate about children.- I want to be included as part of the family.- I don’t smoke.- I can provide references. 

If you would like to apply please contact me by replying to this advert.

Thanks for reading! :)
Alixgodet
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Au Pair wanted from February 2021 in SW11

Postby Alixgodet » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:13 am

Hello Madam !

Following your announcement, I allow myself to send you a message.
My name is Alix Godet and am currently an Au Pair in London in the district of Bettersea, with a French family and taking care of two little boys aged 2.5 and 3.5!
Unfortunately the family is moving to Madrid in January and I don't want to follow them as I really want to improve in English this year. I am therefore looking for a new family as of January. The aim of this year is to build a new experience abroad, in order to adapt to a new way of life and especially to English culture. This year I also want to improve my English level and pass the TOEIC, which will give me access to interesting training for the future.
I have some experience with childcare: my experience as an au pair now and I have also done a lot of babysitting on an ad hoc basis for evenings or even for whole weeks to help parents on vacation! I also scouted (Scouts of Europe) for 8 years, as Cubs, Guides and one year with Senior Guides. I was also a Scout Leader for Cubs. It has been very educational and enriching for me.

If you are interested, we can meet to develop my application and your expectations.

Regards,

Alix GODET
alixgodet
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Au Pair wanted from February 2021 in SW11

Postby alixgodet » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:03 am

Hello Madam !

Following your announcement, I allow myself to send you a message.
My name is Alix Godet and am currently an Au Pair in London in the district of Bettersea, with a French family and taking care of two little boys aged 2.5 and 3.5!
Unfortunately the family is moving to Madrid in January and I don't want to follow them as I really want to improve in English this year. I am therefore looking for a new family as of January. The aim of this year is to build a new experience abroad, in order to adapt to a new way of life and especially to English culture. This year I also want to improve my English level and pass the TOEIC, which will give me access to interesting training for the future.
I have some experience with childcare: my experience as an au pair now and I have also done a lot of babysitting on an ad hoc basis for evenings or even for whole weeks to help parents on vacation! I also scouted (Scouts of Europe) for 8 years, as Cubs, Guides and one year with Senior Guides. I was also a Scout Leader for Cubs. It has been very educational and enriching for me.

If you are interested, we can meet to develop my application and your expectations.

Regards,

Alix GODET