how doi structure nanny pay on holiday?

3 posts
billandben
Options:
Share this post on:

how doi structure nanny pay on holiday?

Postby billandben » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi All
We have a part-time Nanny who is wonderful, and we are thinking of asking her to come with with us when we go skiing in January.

I'm not sure how to structure her pay for this ... she will not be working the entire time we're away, but we will definitely need her for night duty on say 5 of the nights. During the days she'll probably just have one of the children for half a day and of course she will get a day or two off, I haven't really got it all worked out yet.

Has anyone else brought their Nanny on holiday, and do you pay them for every 24 hours they're with you? £100 for the day, then £100 for the night shift and so on ...or do we agree a weekly rate and if so what would be reasonable. We will supply lift pass, ski hire, all food etc.

If there are any nannies out there who have thoughts on this I would love to hear them.

Thank you ...
Jellybeans
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: how doi structure nanny pay on holiday?

Postby Jellybeans » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:17 pm

Pay every extra hours she works . Including travel day.
Emme
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: how doi structure nanny pay on holiday?

Postby Emme » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:58 am

Hi

Although she may not be working all the hrs, she will be away from her home/family/friends

You will need to offer a rate for being away.
Put it this way, could you take your hairdresser away to have them on call, and only pay them when they actually did your hair? You need to agree a flat rate for a week away xx

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.