Looking Glass Nursery Tooting

12 posts
Sophmum77
Options:
Share this post on:

Looking Glass Nursery Tooting

Postby Sophmum77 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi

We're moving to Tooting Bec and have looked around a few nurseries. We do like Looking Glass (love the massive garden and colourful rooms), but I noticed it has had a couple of complaints, though the Ofsted report was good. I'd love to know anyone's experiences? My son will be about 20 months when he starts.

Thanks very much.

Sophia
Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Looking Glass Nursery Tooting

Postby Medway » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 pm

HI

My personal view is that it is too big. On the two occasions I visited the carers were sitting around the outside of the room while 10-15 babies (up 10 two years) played in the middle - this lack of interaction worried me. The rooms are very spaced out too - so less easy to supervise.

I also think it is absolutely filthy!

Safe to say I did not choose for my Son!

Medway
hjm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby hjm » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:41 pm

A good friend of mine put her son in there and took him about again two weeks later. It sounded pretty awful. He now goes to Teddies in Balham instead and she is much happier with that. Having said that, this was over a year ago, so perhaps things have improved. Good luck!
Sophmum77
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sophmum77 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks for your replies. Nothing too positive! Why did she take her child out of the nursery? I'm booked to see a couple of others including Eveline Day Nursery and Toots shortly so hopefully they will be good. Although it also depends which one has a place!

If anyone has any further comments I'd love to hear...

Sophia
hjm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby hjm » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 pm

She took his out basically for the same reasons that Medway did not put her son in. The main reason was that she felt that there was no staff interaction with the babies . One child was left to cry for about 15 mins while my friend was there and she ended up picking her up herself as none of the staff did anything about it, even though they weren't doing anything else. Also, the staff were making quite rude comments about other parents while my friend was there - really inappropriate.

Another friend lives about 2 minutes away from Looking Glass and chose to travel to another nursery instead. Says it all I think.

Personally if you have another option I would take it.
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
mumontherun
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mumontherun » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi There,

I have not heard great things either. A friend of mine removed their child as they were never enough staff to look after the chiuldren. Ofsted had been in several times. The complaints are all there to read on line! My friend took her child out and went to Teddies in Streatham, its not that far at all and she parks at the nursery and uses the train station into London from there. She said they have just had their Ofsted inspection and it was amazing. I would go if i lived closer but at the mo I am too far :( - Good luck with your search.
looking glass 01
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby looking glass 01 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:18 pm

The nursery has been under new management since June 2011 and huge improvements and developments have been made.

The number of parents registering has increased over the past few months and spaces are now limited. The nursery is undergoing a recruitment drive to increase the staff team as we anticipate being close to fully booked by September 2012.

While it is important to find out others views on the nursery please bear in mind the dates of the posts, and better yet why not book an appointment to view the nursery yourself, we would be delighted to show you our facilities.
8han
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 8han » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:41 pm

My children attend Looking Glass and they are very happy there - so I'm happy. I don't think a large room can be complained about really and it's great they have a big garden area.
Mum2two2012
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mum2two2012 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm

I would recommend Eveline all the way. It has been in the area for over 40 years. The staff and mature and caring and there is a low staff turnover. I have looked at Looking Glass (staff very young and little interaction) Teddies/Bright Horizons in Balham (again staff very young, used bottles lying around and I was able to walk around with my shoes on on the same floor that children were lying and crawling on.... :| and Wee Care (just did not feel right for my daughter). I went to Eveline myself and think they have a very strong ethos. My daughter went there and my son will be going there in 2013. In eight years there have been alot of changes at Looking Glass, the name, management and I do wonder why. Continuity and consistency leads to security and confidence in children...........
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://merrygoround.club/
TootingBec Mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TootingBec Mum » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:54 pm

Do not send your child to looking glass day nursery. My child used to attend the nursery and it’s fair to say I am completely appalled by the care given and the lack of resources for the children. On the hand over sheets it seems to say the same things everyday and they seem to eat the same food everyday which is terrible. I noticed a change in my child’s behaviour and I just think for the huge £2000 fee at the end of each month it’s not worth it. At first I blamed the staff but they have always been so friendly to me and my daughter despite always seeming so stressed out and over worked so now I put it down to the poor management giving staff hardly any support they always seem to be in the office which makes me think so they even know or care what is going on in the nursery. I am happy to say that I moved my child to fledglings on Derinton road and she has been much happier. I would avoid this nursery there are plenty more nursery in the area which provide excellente care please check ofsted reports before choosing a nursery for your child they’re such important litttle human beings put them in the right hands. I hope this helps :)
mder
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mder » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:01 am

Hi there,

Why don’t you mind a nice childminder in Tooting definitely better than full day care in my opinion.

Good luck 😉
val72
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby val72 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:36 am

I know few childminders in Tooting who had looked after some children who had previously attended Looking glass.
The parents had decided to remove them due to a lack of interaction with the carers, a high staff turnover, and a change of behaviour in their children ( more aggressive ).
I would recommend Toots or Eveline nursery, friends of mine put their children there and were very happy. I believe they used to have a waiting list....
or a childminder !

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.