looking for a NEW CLEANER BUT ONE THAT DOSE NOT STEAL THINGS

26 posts
TwinMom2B
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: looking for a NEW CLEANER BUT ONE THAT DOSE NOT STEAL TH

Postby TwinMom2B » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello! I have a wonderful amazing cleaner that has worked for me for 5 years. She is very reliable and amazing. Her name is Marta and is available on Mondays either morning or afternoon. You can reach her at 07746 799662 or me at montgomeryw@gmail.com
All the best, Wendy
LKNorthcote
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LKNorthcote » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 pm

So sorry to hear this.

My parents had a similar situation in the country. They caught their cleaner stealing after 15 years of cleaning for them. My Father kept cash hidden - not a lot, maybe 60-70 quid at any one time but noticed 10-20 was going missing on a regular basis - either that or he was going senile. He invested in a 'nanny cam' - £25 off amazon. There are a range of different ones all disguised as normal objects you may have in the house e.g. pens, clocks, vases etc. When he suspected her, he set it up facing the place where the cash was stashed. It was motion sensored so everytime someone was in the room it would record and then click off when they left the room.

Long and short of it, the first time they set it up, they caught her very discretely taking a tenner and then she went back for more about half an hour later! My parents were downstairs! Awful! Goodness knows how much she had taken over the years, and what else she had stolen too!

The police said, if only more people used their initiatives in this way then it would make life much easier as they've got the cold, hard evidence to take action.

Always makes me wary now though, sadly.

I hope you find a good, trustworthy cleaner.

x
simona.mih
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby simona.mih » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh Gosh!
That's impossible! I'm a cleaner too...but i never ever have taken what is not mine...:( I'm really sory to hear that! Hope you will find the best one! :)
simona.mih
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby simona.mih » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh Gosh!
That's impossible! I'm a cleaner too...but i never ever have taken what is not mine...:( I'm really sory to hear that! Hope you will find the best one! :)
SydneyMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SydneyMummy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm

I’ve had the same trustworthy, reliable cleaner for many years and she has never stolen anything - ever.

I believe she's currently free every Tuesday and also every second Friday.

I've sent you a PM. Let me know if you'd like her details.

All the best finding a reliable cleaner and with looking after six children! :D
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MGMidget » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 am

LKNorthcote, did the police use the nannycam evidence to prosecute or did they just think it was useful for homeowners so they could discover a thief and get rid of them from the house? I'm interested because I think the law regarding use of video/cctv without express permission is complicated. Would love to know what the situation is in case I ever need to make use of this! It can be complicated if, for example, you have an employee like a nanny who has been with you for a long time. You can't just sack on a whim but need to have evidence and hence it could be useful to know what you can and can't do officially regarding video evidence. Does anyone know? Well done Fatherof6 for uncovering your thief this way - did you inform the police or just sack the cleaner?

Cleaners have to be trustworthy as they have access to everything in the house that isn't locked. I always take a photocopy of the passport details and ask to see a utility bill in their name with the home address on it so I can make a note of it.
Katka881
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Katka881 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,
I have been cleaner for 4years with good references if you interest please contact me.my number is 07429485772
Thank you
LKNorthcote
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LKNorthcote » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

MGMidget, I am under the impression they used the footage as evidence to prosecute. Because the nannycam/cctv footage was used by the homeowner in their own home then it is viable. I believe if someone else sets up the nannycam/cctv in a different property then it becomes complicated. However, this is just what I am lead to believe! I know the police took a copy with them and said they would press charges as a result...
EHMorris
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EHMorris » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:50 pm

cococool - wow what a helpful resonse
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://merrygoround.club/
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MGMidget » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Great thanks LKNorthcote. That's good to know.
salsamama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby salsamama » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 pm

We also had a cleaner who watched television ... We would never have known had she not recorded morning telly on the HDD by mistake. Programme was started half an hour after her normal start time.

This person appeared faultless until I had to swap days at work and she got the keys. Standards slipped and if I left her a note to ask her to clean sth different and not do sth else instead, she just wouldn't do it - she could read so that wasn't the problem. Odd things started happening but they were so random and odd that it wasn't that easy to start asking questions...

One time our stairs got damaged, great big dints on 3 separate steps. I actually got worried that she might have fallen down the stairs with the hoover or sth. I asked her if everything was OK and if she hadn't had a fall, she very defensively said the dints were there all along as if I was accusing her. This was the sign to me that sth wasn't right.

Then one day by complete fluke I found some cutlery and some half eaten snacks from our cupboards in a bag in the recycling bin.

After that I started checking our recycling bin -- sad, I know! - but we got concerned that other things might find their way in there ...

We decided to let her go the day we found in the recycling bin: a loaf of bread (not ours), a favourite white top sodden and gone grey (no dark wash was drying and she wasn't supposed to look after our washing anyway so the colour change was a complete mystery), a clean white mug in perfect condition, sticky address labels (clearly her own, judging by the names on some of the labels that hadn't been used), empty Christmas card boxes ...

With hindsight we should have known -- she once mentioned with disdain and disgust her other employer's housekeeping. Maybe she just hated the job and the people she worked for? Who knows? She was paid pretty well too. The experience made me very wary of getting someone else for ages.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.