1 post
NannyLisa
Options:
Share this post on:

Babysitter/Maternity Nurse

Postby NannyLisa » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Dear Families,

Thank you for reading my post.

I am a 28 year old Australian and I have been working solidly as a sole charge nanny for the past ten years and babysitting for over 12. I have a lot of experience with children from newborns right through to age 15. To me, being a nanny is a profession, not something to get me through university or to do between jobs.

My qualifications include: Cert 3 in Children's Services, Sleep Guidance Course, First Aid and most recently completed, MNT Maternity Nurse.

I have a current CRB.

I believe the role of a nanny is to create and nurture; providing a safe, loving, developmental friendly environment and is to not just watch your children but to assist them in their development in all areas - mentally, physically, emotionally and socially.

I believe it is important for parents and carer to work closely together and have a mutual understanding and respect for one another so that children are not confused about rules and discipline and don't feel a division between their carers.

Activities I enjoy doing with children include reading, art and craft, singing and dancing, cooking, imaginary play and free play. I enjoy taking children on outings to the park, library, shows, playgroup or swimming lessons. I have a good knowledge of museums, galleries, children's activities, soft play areas in Central and South West London.

I am happy to do light duties around the house such as washing, ironing, cooking meals, general tidying but mainly while children are sleeping or can be included in activities.

I am mature, friendly, flexible, responsible, committed and honest with a genuine love of children.

I am available for babysitting most evenings and anytime on weekends. I am happy to look after children of any age, be it a responsible, loving babysitter for infants and toddlers to a big sister type for older children.

I am also available and happy to help with settle parents and babies into a routine, overnight relief, and troubleshooting for any parenting issue you may happen upon and may need some suggestions on.

Please feel free to email me on southwestlondonnanny@gmail.com and I will get back to you within 24 hours.