Nurseries in SW11. - which to choose?

20 posts
Maryc1981
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nurseries in SW11. - which to choose?

Postby Maryc1981 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Agreed with SJH Mummy, we have found Kidsunlimited a wonderful nursery. My daughter (21 months) took a while to settle in, the staff were always very responsive to her needs giving lots of cuddles and attention. We are actually moving my daughter to the newly opened Northcote Kidsunlimited (because it's closer to our home), and though we are sorry to say goodbye to the Wandsworth nursery, this new nursery looks equally as fantastic with a very well equipped outdoor area.
edam
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby edam » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 pm

I've just stumbled upon this post and felt inclined to leave a response re: Northcote Gardens.

My daughter attends the nursery and has been there since she was 12 months. She was looked after in the 'penguins' room when she joined and always had the same key worker and group of six carers looking after her. At the end of every day the carers would provide a full written report on eating, sleeping and activities and would spend 10 minutes discussing my daughters progress. My daughter absolutely adores her time there, often asks to go on her days off and is always talking about her carers and friends there.

I was really surprised to read a couple of negative comments as we obviously couldn't be more happy with the nursery. My son has been offered a place at the nursery but in the bunnies room and I am concerned that maybe the varying views here are in relation to said room?

Would be very interested to hear.

Hope my experience has helped the OP or any future readers make a decision.
klw
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby klw » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 am

edam wrote:I've just stumbled upon this post and felt inclined to leave a response re: Northcote Gardens.

My daughter attends the nursery and has been there since she was 12 months. She was looked after in the 'penguins' room when she joined and always had the same key worker and group of six carers looking after her. At the end of every day the carers would provide a full written report on eating, sleeping and activities and would spend 10 minutes discussing my daughters progress. My daughter absolutely adores her time there, often asks to go on her days off and is always talking about her carers and friends there.

I was really surprised to read a couple of negative comments as we obviously couldn't be more happy with the nursery. My son has been offered a place at the nursery but in the bunnies room and I am concerned that maybe the varying views here are in relation to said room?

Would be very interested to hear.

Hope my experience has helped the OP or any future readers make a decision.
Hi Edam,

My daughter was at the nursery for over 2 years (bunnies room, then downstairs toddler room) and we were always extremely happy with the quality of her care. She is now at a very well regarded preschool before starting reception in September and I think Northcote Gardens stacks up pretty well in comparison.

My son is now in the bunnies room and is also extremely happy at the nursery. He has bonded with staff and I have no concerns. I have to confess that it took him a while to settle and I had a bit of a wobble at that point, but I think it is just reflective of him as a child rather than the environment or people. Most other people I know are pretty happy there.

I have not noticed a high turnover of staff ( perhaps some in the baby rooms) in fact all our favourite people in the room for older children are still there and I really hope they stay put to look after my son next year!
edam
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby edam » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks so much for the response klw, really appreciate it and that's what I thought.

I think Northcote Gardens sometimes gets a bashing because it is the most expensive in the area, but I find it really hard to believe anyone would question the quality of care they provide. Anyway, each to their own.. but there is a reason people will wait 2 years to get their babies in there!
mastop
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mastop » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Does anyone know what is happening with St Peters Nursery, it's been closed for months but is meant to be reopening but who knows when? What do you know about the other local nurseries, I.e Petite Fleur, Carrot Cake, Destiny Kids?
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://merrygoround.club/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.