Highly recommend Teddies. Been there 5 months since my son was 8 months.
Pros in my opinion
- really lovely staff. Manager is great knows all the children personally and gets involved in the rooms. They are also v responsive so when I was nervous about my son moving rooms they really made an effort to put me at ease
- lots of settling in. We spent two weeks (free) settling in building my son up the hours so that he was comfortable with all aspects of the day before he went in for full days full time
- fees. They include everything and are as reasonable as I think you'll find for a full time day care so you don't have to provide milk, nappies etc which you do at some nurseries
- it's outstanding rated by OFSTED and has its own chef so fresh food cooked every day
- baby room has separate changing and sleeping area with proper cots. This isn't the same in all nurseries which leaves a bit of a wiff in the room where the children are
- no fine system, the one time I was late due to trains they were fine when I called. Think they only fine when you are regularly late
- the building isn't the newest but its clean and a bit well loved but they bring in new toys so this wasn't a factor for me
- it doesn't have the biggest outside space but they go for walk in king George's park regularly which means they see so much outside their room
- the eldest children at the moment are about 3.5 so I'm not sure what I'll do then if this dynamic doesn't change but that's one for a couple of years time
I chose Teddies over Magdalen as I just felt more comfortable with Teddies set up but that is a personal choice
Last edited by AnnieH
on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.