Grove Hall nursery - Ofsted 4 Inadequate

79 posts
Balhammum2020
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Grove Hall nursery - Ofsted 4 Inadequate

Postby Balhammum2020 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Our daughter is still there in the pre-toddler room. I had a meeting with her key worker last night where we went through her EYFS book. I was impressed with her and felt comfortable that she knew my daughter well. She was able to give me detailed information about what my daughter liked and didn't like and her particular personality traits which we can verify so it was obvious that she has spent sufficient time with her. She also explained the activities they had done and the book was full of photos of my daugher doing all these things. She knows songs that she can only have learnt at nursery and also is coming out with new words each day which again can only have come from nursery as we work full time. She knows the other kids names and the names of the nursery staff and runs to them with open arms in the morning (she does still run to us with open arms when we pick her up as well thank goodness!). Unfortunately we can't make the parents evening tonight but I'm sure there will be feedback provided by other parents. In summary, we are happy with the nursery and the care our daughter gets there. I don't think any nursery is perfect and I'm sure there are things that can still be improved and I am not sure the management piece is quite up to scratch yet, but our bottom line is that our daughter is happy. We do have the opportunity of moving her to another nursery but we don't feel it is necessary and there is no way of knowing that any other nursery is any better really as often ofsted reports can be quite out of date.
bumbling-along
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bumbling-along » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:59 am

Morning, I was just wondering how the parents meeting went on Friday and if everyone feels they are doing their best or have addressed the problems outlined by ofsted? Many thanks for all your great replies so far
eli4
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby eli4 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:19 pm

hello,

I have seen that staff is leaving the nursery. what is going on? Downstairs all new faces. I found this quite worrying. My child is downstairs and I would like to recommend parents to count the children and the staff because some mornings and some evening I just see one member of staff. I have told Koveena or Olive several times but they are just funny about it.
haggis68
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby haggis68 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 am

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the current situation was at Grove Hall - has it upped its game or not really? Any comments much appreciated - I am going back to work in April, was originally going to send my daughter to Grove Hall but then saw the negative report and comments, now looking at a nanny but so expensive so still interested to know how the nursery is getting on.

Thanks!
RainbowDream
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby RainbowDream » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Interesting re Ecole de Benjamins. I looked at it for my daughter way back mid July 07 and within 5 minutes of waiting in reception I was absolutely disgusted and horrified by the several things going on, including utter chaos surrounding a child being carried through with blood on his head, and then somehow agreeing to continue to do a tour, was told that nappies were only changed at specific times of the day. ??? This is atrocious. When I assertively queried this with the teacher, why they would allow a child to maybe sit in a soiled nappy for 2 hours?, she had no adequate answers for me, other than they were too busy to change them other than at changing time. Needless to say, my daughter didn't go there, but thank god other children have been saved from the horrors of it if it's closed.
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
bilingualnanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bilingualnanny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi All. That is true I was working there for one year. Is dirty nursery with staff that newer told true , How was the child in the nursery or what they doing. The unswer is alway he was great have fun. I was cooking and looking after children there 2011/12 . And honestly some of my best friend left as well as the manager ask as to laiabout conditions of the kids.
CasMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CasMum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:22 pm

haggis68 wrote:Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the current situation was at Grove Hall - has it upped its game or not really? Any comments much appreciated - I am going back to work in April, was originally going to send my daughter to Grove Hall but then saw the negative report and comments, now looking at a nanny but so expensive so still interested to know how the nursery is getting on.

Thanks!
Hi there,

I reserve my full opinion about that nursery, although I know some friends' children who are in there. I just can tell you that they are changing staff all the time, what is not good for the children's progress and the relationships between them and the staff. I went for a visit once and the environment seemed artificial, as if they where acting in front of us. Apart from the reports, which are really bad... My question is, if they don't do things right when Ofsted is in the setting, what can they do behind? Just think twice about it!
bilingualnanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bilingualnanny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm

I just want tell that . When ofstrd came they know before and the ofsted officer only talk with lider room or some staff . The new staff is not aloud to talk them or parents as they are not prepared . The easy way check that is do some activity with children . Coming before time or talk with staff but not lider room or manager Mina.
CasMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CasMum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:49 pm

bilingualnanny wrote:I just want tell that . When ofstrd came they know before and the ofsted officer only talk with lider room or some staff . The new staff is not aloud to talk them or parents as they are not prepared . The easy way check that is do some activity with children . Coming before time or talk with staff but not lider room or manager Mina.
Hi, and do you think any staff will talk freely to ofsted in front of their manager or boss? I don't think so...
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
bilingualnanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bilingualnanny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi, Ofsted I don't think so but parents yes .But the manager don't let them any way. I was doing like this I was telling if the child has bad day or didn't eat. The kids not always cry be coos they miss parent but if something is wrong or they didn't like . They are smart even they are small. In my opinion the parents pay for they kids in this places and they should know . If the kids not happy or they not eat every one need to be informed .
bilingualnanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bilingualnanny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 pm

There is a Full report of Grove Hall Nursery :
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-rep ... E/EY416962
lexierose1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lexierose1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 pm

My 2 year old daughter attends this nursery and is absolutely thriving. Mina was sacked last year - the manager is now Olive with Koveena running the pre-toddlers and Sarah and Panna running toddlers. They have all worked incredibly hard to get the nursery up to standard. My daughter absolutely loves going there, she is a confident, thriving toddler who is very fond of her keyworker and the staff. I would suggest you go and meet the staff and see for yourself how loving they are.
Agrifoglio
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Agrifoglio » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm

I would completely echo what lexierose1 says. My daughter is 16 months old and goes to the nursery full time. She well cared for, happy and thriving there.
http://www.nappyvalleynannies.co.uk
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
Familycompleted
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Familycompleted » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:22 pm

As I have reiterated several times, our son who is 3,5 years old still loves the nursery. He has started 1,5 days in another montessori (which is rated Outstanding) just because we wanted him to get used to a different environment pre starting school from Sep but he still wants to go to Panna and Sarah after each session at the montessori. Having seen the facilities, I really do not feel that GH deserves the current "inadequate" rating at all. If it's purely due to the admin issues of not having the proper paper work filed and they have addressed all the initial problems - I don't think parents should be put off by bureaucracy.

Having the right papers in place mean nothing if the carers themselves are not good with your children. I rather have someone who is less than perfect on paper who loves my child and keeps him happy. The staff are great, the place is very flexible and working parent friendly with minimal holidays. Some of us don't have the luxury of (and may not even want) the 9:15-3:15 term time only option which Ofsted also seem to rank highly.

My son is actually just as (if not more) intellectually stimulated and developed as any child going to those so called "perfect" nurseries and montessoris.

I have nb 2 on the way and the only reason I wouldn't put him/her in GH again would be if the drop off for my son would be in the opposite direction but my first choice would still be GH for the baby! Hope this helps.
Balham31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Balham31 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Agreed. My child is really happy at GH. The staff in the toddler room are fantastic. I think they could do with some management support but the care they give is brilliant and the kids are happy.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.