Baby Room Balham

6 posts
Jasmine
Options:
Share this post on:

Baby Room Balham

Postby Jasmine » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi all,
I visited this nursery about a year and 1/2 when they had just opened so decided for a different nursery back then.
Does anyone send their children there? What are your thoughts?
Any feedback (positive or negative) welcome.
Thanks!
Joeyanna
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Baby Room Balham

Postby Joeyanna » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Both my children go to Balham babyroom two days a week. My eldest has been there since he was 1 he is now approaching 4 and my youngest for almost a year she is now 20 months. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff are attentive and caring, the manager who is relatively new is excellent and has really developed some new ideas for the different rooms since she started. There is a teacher in the pre school room who is really helping the children with both phonics and numeracy as well as general preparation for starting school in the next few months. We receive daily feedback and any issues we have raised which have always been minor have been acknowledged and addressed. The downside......... The tunnel on the way in leading off the main road is a bit grim and often full of rubbish from neighbouring businesses, the price... It's expensive- I think still one of the pricier options in the area. Hope this helps.
Jasmine
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jasmine » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Ho Joeyanna,
Many thanks for your positive feedback, sounds great!
Anyone else has any feedback please?
Thanks in advance!
Pop
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pop » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 pm

My thoughts echo Joyanna's. My daughter has been there for 2.5 years. It's expensive but good.
barbie07
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby barbie07 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi all,
Babyroom used to be great but the better the business gets the less they care about parents and staff. I know some people that used to work there and they used to tell me that they were under paid. We are talking about staff with level 3 qualifications getting £14.000 yearly.
I know lots of parents that have left because of the lack of teaching and the pre-school teacher turnover as this can have an impact on the children's development.
The food wasnt that great, most of the times it was all mushy and sometimes not enough for all children to the point they had to stretch the food giving children a smaller portion than normal and not enough for seconds.
Jasmine if u made the decision to go to another nursery a year and a half ago maybe it was a great decision for u.
Hope this helps and good luck.
Jasmine
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jasmine » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback barbie. I haven't made up my mind yet and looking at different options, so I really appreciate the feedback!