Our son is currently 5 months old, and we will be needing an experienced nanny when mum returns to work part-time. Our baby loves people and is very energetic and curious about life. We are looking for somebody who has a positive outlook, is sociable and can provide an energetic and stimulating environment for him. We are looking for someone to look after our son on days when mum works, as well as to babysit one night a week.
We live in the London suburb of New Malden (KT3), which is 25 minutes by train to London Waterloo. We’re a 7-minute walk to the station, and near the high street. Wimbledon Village and Kingston are not far (by bus/train) with cute shops, restaurants and café’s.
We are a bilingual family. Mum’s from Austria and speaks German and English. Dad’s South African and speaks English only. We’re easy to get along with and a relaxed couple.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 3 full days a week as well as one night of babysitting as follows:
- Looking after our baby at home by creating a loving and stimulating day for him and taking him to some of his weekly playgroups/activities (rhyme time, music)
- Managing all meals times including preparing healthy meals for our baby and cleaning up after meals
- Occasionally helping with bath and bed time
- Tidying up after the baby (tidying up toys, tidying up our baby’s dishes and clothing)
- We employ a weekly cleaner so you will not need to do general housework unrelated to the baby.
- Hours: 7:30am to 6:30pm
- over 24 years old
- experienced with children of the same age and has checkable references
- responsible and trustworthy
- a non-smoker (no exceptions)
- fluent German preferable, but good German will also be considered
- good English
- comfortable cooking baby meals and of thinking of fun/stimulating activities for baby that are important for his development
- legal residence in the UK
- driving license ideal but not necessarily required
- Ideally current CRB check and First Aid Qualification from the past 3 years
- Excellent references
In return, we can provide:
- Large own double bedroom (in a large 5 bedroom house with big garden and 4 minute walk to a park)
- bathroom to share with baby (and occasional guests)
- wireless internet access
- competitive pay around £180 net per week; this will be negotiated, depending on the hours of work, experience and availability.
- own TV with satellite, netflix and Apple TV
- all accommodation related bills (council tax, utilities, tv etc) included
- food/family meals can also be included, if you’re happy to eat what we eat. Otherwise you can use the kitchen to prepare your own dinner. We are not vegetarian.
- share of the family car to drive baby
- a welcome and supportive family environment. We will of course also respect your privacy.
We look forward to hearing from you.