Live-in au pair needed ASAP in Clapham

5 posts
cvelarde
Options:
Share this post on:

Live-in au pair needed ASAP in Clapham

Postby cvelarde » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:00 pm

We are an Anglo-French family looking for a caring, cheerful, outgoing and responsible live-in au pair to look after our 3 children, Charlotte (11 years old), Alexander (9 years old) and Raphael (4 years old) in a nice house in lively Clapham (off Abbeville Road, 100 metres to the Common and 5mns walk from Clapham South tube station), London.

ABOUT US
Caroline, the mother, is French and is now a housewife. Julian, the father, is English and works as an international lawyer. Charlotte is a bright girl who attends a bi-lingual (French/English) school - she speaks both languages and enjoys drawing, reading and swimming. Alexander is a charming, smiley and determined little boy who has had a tough start in life with some medical problems (mild cerebral palsy and infrequent epilepsy – he is walking independently within the home, school and the playground but can still lose his balance easily and he has learning difficulties). He is making progress but needs more supervision and attention than a normal child of his age. He attends a special school for disabled children five days a week where he receives additional therapies. Raphael is a lovely 4 year old toddler who goes to the same bilingual school as his sister. We have had a number of au pairs in the past eight years who have all very much enjoyed working with our family. Promising candidates will have the opportunity to speak to or correspond with our current au pair.

Expectations
Approximately 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday plus a few hours at the weekend) and up to 2 evenings babysitting (1 on Saturday). We are looking for someone to help Caroline approx. 7 hours a day from Monday to Friday (typically from 7 until 9 and 14.30 until 19.30) and a few hours at the weekend (17.30-19.30 on Saturday and occasionally Sunday). You would have no rent to pay (pricey in London) and food and other bills will be covered. Salary to be disclosed on application.
• Responsibilities will include playing with the children, going to the playground/park with them, dropping/picking up at school, bathing them, reading stories, being creative in stimulating the children and playing educational games.
• We have a cleaning lady but work will also include light housework such as clearing up after breakfast, keeping the children’s bedrooms tidy, helping with sorting laundry.
The successful candidate will be:
• A female non-smoker with a good level of conversational English
• Fun, optimistic, imaginative and outgoing
• Someone with a lot of patience and who can relate to young children
• Someone who is interested in looking after a boy with disabilities – although certainly hard work all of our previous au pairs have found this to be the most rewarding aspect of the job due to Alex’s engaging personality
• Tidy and organised
• Safety conscious
• Someone who can stay a minimum of 9-12 months
• Someone willing to travel with the family during all the children’s holidays (mostly France but also Mallorca in August, Morroco in October…..).
• Someone with the right to work in the UK
MarianaFrenchNanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Live-in au pair needed ASAP in Clapham

Postby MarianaFrenchNanny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:50 am

Hi, 
My name is Mariana, I'm 25 yr old. I'm currently living in Clapham South, so am available for a face to face interview at anytime during the day and in the evening. I'm French and have a good level of English.
I'm very interested in this position and available to start ASAP. I hope to hear from you soon. 
I'm currently a Nanny in Clapham South. I'm taking care of a 4 yr old boy and a 6 months baby girl. Before this family, I worked as an Au-pair in Wimbledon during 7 months and took care of a 5 yr old boy and a 22 months girl. I worked in Ringmer (close to Brighton). And took care of 2 girls, 1 yr old and 4 yr old.
I lived in United States of America for 1 year as an Au-pair. I lived in Seattle, Washington State, during 8 months and took care of a 4 months baby girl and a 5 yr old girl. I have been living in Fredericksburg, Virginia State, for 3 months in a Host family with 4 children. The eldest boy was 8, the eldest girl was 5 and the twins (boy and girl) were 3.
I have an Infant & Child First Aid and also my CPR. I have a childhood and infant training. I have experience with children from 4 months to 15 yr old. I have been looking after children for 9 years. 
We can organize a skype ( Alina15082 ) interview if you are interested about my profile. You can contact me per email or call me at 07477 630465 
I can send you a picture and my CV per email if you want.
Kindest regards,
Mariana
cvelarde
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby cvelarde » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Hello how long are you looking to work as an au pair for? Can you please tell me the reason why the current job is ending? Do you have any experience with special needs kids? Thanks Caroline
cvelarde
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby cvelarde » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Please send me your CV and photo thanks!
ninaf
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ninaf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 am

Hi there,

I have got your post where you say you are looking for an Au Pair. I am Francesca, Italian, and I have already worked in a family in Earl's Court for 4 months. It was a single father with 2 lovely children, they lost their wife/mum the year before and they were very sensible but very kind and nice people.

I have been living in London since November because I studied Design there. Now I am looking for another right family to repeat that so positive experience.

I am creative (I am a web journalist and web marketing account), happy, curious and that is perfect to work with children. I have a driving licence and I don't smoke nor drink.

If you are keen to speak we could arrange a Skype call soon. Let me know, thank you.

Francesca
Skype gold-sound
Email ninafcarrero@gmail.com
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.