We are looking for a live-in nanny with several years of experience with babies, to work with us in caring for our 9 month-old son, Noah. We are a bilingual family so preference will be given to a fluent German-speaker. However we will also consider non-German speakers and live-out nannies to find the right person for our son.
Our baby is curious about life and very alert yet also needs gentle support and reassurance to warm up to new people and surroundings. We are looking for somebody energetic and organised who will be able to offer varied stimulation like at nursery, while giving him the benefit of one-to-one attention. For example, we take him to play groups but also spend creative one-to-one time with him to stimulate him and explain everything to him.
Working hours are 7.30am to 6.30pm three days a week (eventually extending to four days a week) as well as one night of babysitting. We also spend an hour jointly planning the week ahead, and a weekly de-brief/feedback session.
Mum works part-time. She is Austrian and speaks German with baby and otherwise English. Dad’s South African and speaks English only. We’re easy to get along with and a relaxed couple. We live in the London suburb of New Malden (KT3), which is 25 minutes by train to London Waterloo. We’re a 7-minute walk to the station, and close to the high street. Wimbledon and Kingston are close with more shops, restaurants and café’s.
The job involves the following:
• Planning a stimulating day for baby at home and outside, including taking him to weekly playgroups/activities (rhyme time, music) as well organizing music, messy play and other stimulating actives at home
• Managing all meals times including planning and preparing healthy meals for a balanced diet, cleaning up after meals, and preparing shopping lists
• Helping with bath and bed time when needed (we generally try to do this ourselves)
• Tidying up after the baby (tidying up his changing area, play area, dishes, and doing baby’s laundry)
• experienced with babies of a similar age and 2 checkable references
• responsible, trustworthy and organised
• a non-smoker
• very good English
• Ofsted registered (or willing to register with Ofsted)
• legal residence in the UK
• First Aid Qualification
• Excellent references
• good or Fluent German
• a full driving license
• ideally current CRB check and First Aid Qualification from the past 3 years
We would like someone who is tidy, clean, polite and considerate, and easy to get on with since we will be living together. Any housework unrelated to the baby is done by our weekly cleaner but we do expect a hand with communal things since you are part of the household. For example, we all clean up after dinner or take out the rubbish when the bins are full.
In return, we can provide:
• large own double bedroom (in a large 5 bedroom house with big garden and 4 minute walk to a park)
• bathroom to share with baby (and occasional guests)
• wireless internet access
• competitive pay; this will be negotiated, depending on the hours of work, experience and availability.
• own TV with Sky, netflix and Apple TV
• all accommodation related bills (council tax, utilities, tv etc) included
• family meals/dinner can also be included, if you’re happy to eat what we eat. Otherwise you can use the kitchen to prepare your own dinners (we are not vegetarian).
• share of family car to drive baby once insurance is arranged
• a welcome and supportive environment. We will of course also respect your privacy.
If you think this role suits you, please email your CV, and two references. Please also state when you would be available to start and what your salary expectation is. Thank you. You can contact us on email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.