Live in Au Pair in Balham for 20m Daughter, Pref Kiwi, Aussie or Safa

1 post
Kiwi Daddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Live in Au Pair in Balham for 20m Daughter, Pref Kiwi, Aussie or Safa

Postby Kiwi Daddy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Dear Au Pair

Our happy family is made up of Dad, Mum and Jessica (18 month old daughter).

Ideally we'd be looking for someone to live with us and work about 30-35 hours p/w. We would try and structure the hours in a regular manner, however, we do need someone who is willing to be flexible because when I'm away you'll be asked to work more and when I'm here you'll be able to have more time off in lieu. Similarly, if you wanted to try and fit in some work elsewhere then we would try and accommodate this for the benefit of all of us. Due to the nature of my work, this position would suit someone who is looking to travel because as long as I'm in town we can be flexible on the days worked. Ideally you would also babysit each week – possibly 1 week night and 1 weekend night. This would be included in your usual working hours. There may be also opportunity for further babysitting with some of our friends if you were looking for it.

Jessica is a fantastic sleeper and has slept through the night since 8 weeks old. She generally goes to bed around 7pm and sleeps until 7:30am, which we are very happy about! She is a super-happy little lady who is interested in everything. She has a fabulous appetite and loves trying new foods.

We have a cleaner who comes once a week but ideally you would do some light house work too. We are looking for someone who is fun, outgoing and sporty, with a sense of adventure and pride in themselves and what they do. Someone who is organised and tidy, who has a goal and is working towards it. Someone who will have fun and enjoy looking after Jess whilst helping her to develop and keeping her safe. Someone who is cool under pressure and has seen a bit of the world already. Someone who is handy in the kitchen would be an advantage, especially for preparing healthy meals for Jess. Someone who is respectful to others and appreciates that we all live under the same roof so should really get on and make the most of it.

With the greatest respect to other nationalities I'd love a Kiwi or Aussie (or maybe even a Saffa) as you will be able to impart some of your heritage and upbringing to Jess. I am proud to be Kiwi and would like her to understand that she is too.

Jessica will start playgroup for 3 mornings a week mid April. She will also start swimming lessons again as well as some other classes, which you would be expected to take her to if it was during your work time. Other than that we would welcome any ideas you have or outings you think of to entertain her during the day. We'd love you to organise playdates with other au pairs and think this would be good for you too; there are loads around our area.

We live in London in the borough of Wandsworth in an area between Balham and Wandsworth Common. We’ve lived here since July 2015 and love it as everything is walking distance - good restaurants, great parks, shopping and sports activities. It's a very safe and friendly area with a real community atmosphere. We have great connections to trains, the tube, buses and airports. Central London is really close but we feel surrounded with green spaces.

We have a four bedroom house. You would have your own room with double bed and ample storage, with windows overlooking the garden. We have good internet throughout for Skype/Facetime and Sky TV in the main living areas. We have a bike collecting dust that you'd be welcome to use.

My wife is English and a successful solicitor in the City. I am from New Zealand and work for myself in the yachting industry and as a broker for a foreign exchange company based in London.

We have what we (and her grandparents) believe is the greatest 18 month old little girl, Jessica, who loves people, playing, laughing and having fun.

My wife and I are both very well travelled and share a love of rugby, wine and entertaining. I enjoy tennis, cycling, the cinema and a long lunch. my wife is a big fan of dining out, dressing up, holidaying, cooking and concerts.

My wife has been back in full-time work for 12 months and I have been working part time but I would now like to concentrate on work too. I work from home a lot but also travel overseas about 1 week in each month. We've never had live in help before because, to date, we've been using temp nannies and family volunteers. However we are now looking forward to welcoming the right person into our household. I have had lots of experience living with crew on yachts that I've managed over the years and my wife has a number of staff reporting to her at work.

If this opportunity sounds like it would be great for you and you want to know more then we'd love to hear from you, if not then good luck in your search. Looking for a start commencing between late April/beginning of May.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.