Babyroom webbs road + general advice on when to change nursery

6 posts
lasimosere
Options:
Share this post on:

Babyroom webbs road + general advice on when to change nursery

Postby lasimosere » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi!is there anyone so kind and with first hand recent experience that could share with me their experience with baby room webbs road? My 13 months old daughter goes there and the staff claims she is doing well and has a good time there but since she started 4 weeks ago things seems to have gone worse rather then batter over the weeks to me. I based this on her behaviour at home where she is become super clingy and in general upset and anxious. I thought this was normal and things would have settled but no sign of it - right now she is so anxious of me going away from her she doesn't want to stay with anyone , daddy and adored grandmother included.

Not sure how much of it is normal and age related separation anxiety or if it might depend on specifically the nursery?And when in your opinion it is worth considering maybe trying a different place?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Flowermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Babyroom webbs road + general advice on when to change nursery

Postby Flowermummy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:15 pm

No feedback on babyroom, but just to let you know that my DS took 5 weeks to settle into nursery (half days only) at 2 and a half. So I think it's pretty normal. If I remember correctly, the nursery staff told us it takes up to 6 weeks to settle (and for some children it can get worse before it gets better, as they realise this is a permanent solution).
Good luck!
boysmumy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boysmumy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:05 pm

My eldest went to Babyroom on Webbs road.
He started really young at 6 months so settled really quickly but older children needed more time to adjust.
I would give your little one 2 months to settle before deciding to change nursery.
Babyroom had the time was wonderful. My boy made some really good friends that he still sees.
The staff was great and loving
Hope this helps
lasimosere
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lasimosere » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:09 am

Thank you both Flowermummy and boysmummy for your answers - they both help and i would definitely giving it more time in this case. We are on holiday right now and she will miss 10 days at nursery - so i am also expecting to restart almost from square one when we are back!
Thanks a million again for your help!
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MGMidget » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:24 am

I have a child in the same nursery and we've been there for a couple of years.

Firstly, at your daughter's age settling in at nursery can be hard and it is also an age when they can go through clingy phases (younger, before 8 months is better). Therefore it is difficult to say that things would be any different if you moved nursery. Also, as you have already noted, when you come back from holiday it will be a bit of a setback to go back to nursery after being full-time with you.

My daughter settled in easily at the Baby Room but was younger than your child when she started. She did, however, later go through phases of being unhappy to be left at nursery and I recall that she was a bit unsettled when she moved up from blue to pink room at 13 months. She is currently very happy to go there but she still has days when she will suddenly become clingy on arrival after being excited about going to nursery on the way there. I think it is probably normal for young children - something unexpected can alter their mood such as an environment which is noisier/busier than normal when they arrive. I think the small environment of the nursery makes it easier to settle. Some of the local alternatives which are bigger might make settling in harder or certainly no easier so I would give it longer at this nursery before you consider moving. Also, the number of days your daughter attends might make a difference to the settling in. My daughter is part-time but I have often added extra days and I have found that when she attends more frequently she enjoys it more as it is more part of her usual routine.

I am very happy to discuss further with you by private message or in person if you wish - just PM me. I appreciate it must be an anxious time for you! Personally, I think all types of group childcare can be tough on babies/toddlers because they are constantly competing with all the other little tots for toys and attention! However, they do adapt and I also think as their communications skills improve they find these types of environment easier.
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
runmum22185
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby runmum22185 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 am

Hello

Sorry to jump in on this thread and I hope that your daughter has adjusted. I just wondered what your feedback on babyroom Webbs Road is? I am considering it for my daughter to start when she is 11 months old. Thanks

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.