Summer Holidays question

2 posts
EclipseMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Summer Holidays question

Postby EclipseMum » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 am

Hi all,
What does everyone do for childcare in the holidays? I’m specifically wondering about the Summer as our daughter’s morning nursery comes to an end but I’d like something temporary for her maybe a couple days or mornings/afternoons a week whilst I’m on maternity leave with our new baby (due end of May). Are there many Nannies out there happy to do that or maybe holidays clubs for 2-3 year olds?
Any tips appreciated!
Nanny101
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Summer Holidays question

Postby Nanny101 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi!

There are many options available depending on your preferences/requirements. For example, I am a half term/summer nanny as I am a student (training to teach) meaning I am back in London every time school/nursery children have breaks off. So we are probably a good group to target. Plus, if you find someone in their 1st year of their undergrad studies for instance, its really great because that way you can have them for a few years every xmas/easter/summer break. It requires some logistical flexibility as we too go away in the summer and have other commitments but I've done it for 3 summers in the row now and I absolutely love going back to my 'family' as they truly feel like my family! Its great to see the kids grow up within a few weeks/months and personally, I believe I get the best parts of watching little ones grow up as its always at special and fun times of the year ( but shh dont tell the parents ha) :P

Temp nannies are also available via agencies if you'd like someone else to take care of the formalities. But its cheaper(and often better) to get someone from a personal recommendation. If you do choose to do it yourself, its quite simple really. Just make sure nannies have DBS checks, some checkable prior experiences and (if dealing with babies/toddlers mostly) a first aid course completed.

I hope this helps :)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.