Nursery between the Commons

3 posts
mumswlondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Nursery between the Commons

Postby mumswlondon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:17 pm

My husband and I both work full time and the only realistic option is to pick up our son (22 months) if the nursery works until 18:30. We are moving to the area between the Commons and will use Clapham South tube for commute. From my extensive research it seems like there are literally 2 nurseries which allow kids to be picked up until 18:30 (to the extent such nurseries are located between the Commons or towards Clapham South tube station). One is Baby room on Webbs Road and another one is Northcote house nursery on Salcott road. The Northcote house nursery's recent Ofsted report is not great and it's less convenient for us than Baby rooms as it's further away from the tube so will add to the commute extra 10 minutes each way. Baby room reviews online seem fine but I am so surprised this is pretty much the only full time nursery working until 18:30 in the area with a good report from Ofsted. 

If anyone has any recent experience with Baby room or other nurseries working until 18:30 in this area, I would be very grateful for your views. Also it would be interesting to hear experiences of those who send their kids to Honeywall state nursery (which of course will be only only relevant from the age of 3).
Colchen
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nursery between the Commons

Postby Colchen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi, Grove Hall nursery is not far from Clapham South Station and works until 18:30.
mum_1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nursery between the Commons

Postby mum_1980 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:12 pm

My son left Northcote House this summer. Unfortunately, it was bought over by a large chain around a year-ish ago. It used to be a family run nursery before that. We were there during that period and like any management change, there was a lot of upheaval and staff leaving. 

Unfortunately, I think all the day cares run by big chains are the same and are so inconsistent. I've got two kids and experience of four different day cares between them which we loved at one point but there was a change of management and things got worse so we left - I'm sure they got better again, but I'm not sure I know any day cares that have been consistent throughout. You should check it out yourself as things may have settled now. We were happy for most of the time there after all. Plus, I really would take Ofsted reports with a pinch of salt...

You could also try Bright Horizons -  I don't have experience of it but I know they have long hours.

Honeywell Nursery is fantastic - I know lots of kids there. The head of the nursery is an absolute gem and from parents I've spoken to, the nursery has always had a great reputation. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.