- Posts: 24
- Joined: Jan 2018
Share this post on:
- A new planning application has been submitted by Broomwood Hall at Rayne House (the block of flats owned by the school in Sudbrooke Road).
- This follows their decision to drop plans to create a senior school at Rayne House in favour of using one of their other school sites at Garrad’s Road, SW16.
- The new planning application submitted is a dramatically slimmed down application adding a few new classrooms.
- The new application will not alter either the residential or external space currently at Rayne House and dramatically contrasts with the School’s Initial application in 2014 to increase the school from 220 children to 350 children with an increase of only 30 children planned.
- A large number of local complaints was received at the time - all of which have been addressed in this application.
- Under this application two new flats will be built to replace classrooms being built on the ground floor of Rayne house and a new private courtyard and rooftop terrace for residential use are also being included.
- There will be no access to the site via Sudbrooke Road with all access to the new classrooms via the existing playground on the main site in Nightingale Lane.