Holy Ghost Catholic Primary, Balham

4 posts
dain777
Options:
Share this post on:

Holy Ghost Catholic Primary, Balham

Postby dain777 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi,

Anybody with kids who are Holy Ghost School Balham able to give me an insight about the school?  We are Catholic and attend mass regularly, so would have no problem getting a reference from the priest. Does the school have any music facilities? Any info on sports on offer. 

Thanks.  
annamike
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Holy Ghost Catholic Primary, Balham

Postby annamike » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:07 am

Have 2 kids at HG.
Music is taught following the national curriculum but the school also pairs up with Wandsworth council and organises choir for kids at both ks1 and ks2, small singing groups, band club. In yr 5 they participate to a music event at the Royal festival hall where they sing with a number of other schools in the Council. In addition an instrument (clarinet) is taught in yr4 and they offer the opportunity to continue in yr5 and yr6.
As for sports, the PE teacher is passionate about her job and would involve all kids in any possible activity if they wish.
They have usual sports for primary and they have tournaments in ks2 for netball, football, rugby for selected kids. They have a successful swimming squad and selected kids in gymnastics.
All sort of sports clubs are offered in the morning and afternoon. Running,
Netball and hockey, rounders, tennis, football.
Hope it helps
dain777
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dain777 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 am

Hi Annamike,

Thanks a lot for the reply.  That's very helpful and encouraging.   
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:40 am

I had children there up until recently. It is phenomenal. Academics sound, punches well above its weight in sport with an extremely passionate sports mistress, given its size and the fact that it is non fee paying. Parents very engaged. Exceptionally well funded and governed. Wonderful head is leaving after 23 years but I hear the replacement is excellent so that shouldn't be a concern.
Very nurturing school with a broad curriculum, choirs and bands abound.  Very much a Catholic ethos. It's quite traditional; manners, respect and uniform are all strictly enforced. Nothing "woke" about it, let's say.
It doesn't have a huge provision for SEN, unsurprising in such a small school; that's probably my one cautionary comment if you do have children with SEN.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.