Henry Cavendish school

2 posts
JustineN
Options:
Share this post on:

Henry Cavendish school

Postby JustineN » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Please can anyone tell me what they think of Henry Cavendish school. My son starts reception in September and I have looked at a number of local schools but liked HC a lot.
BalhamBorders
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Henry Cavendish school

Postby BalhamBorders » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:40 am

Hi there,

Our son attends the Streatham branch of Henry Cavendish school and we're happy with our choice overall. If you want a good state primary school in the Balham / Streatham area, the only other one we considered was Telferscot as its a bit more arts and crafts with a village atmosphere. HC is better for maths and sports. Both are outstanding schools but not oriented to the 11+ private school entry which you'd need to prepare for privately at least one year in ADVANCE if that is your goal. In summary, HC is well organised, mostly good, positive teachers but has a new head and quite a bit of teacher turnover recently which has been disruptive. Parents are engaged and committed e. g to help in fairs and fundraising. Only other criticism is the narrow range of after school clubs but there is before and after school drop off and pick up 0745 - 1800. We felt that a private preprep school e.g. Broomwood was not worth the extra money vs the free offering from an outstanding state school but others may disagree. Good luck at HC.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.